Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How often do you hear from your partner? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Usually a phone call every day? or a text? or quick talk on msn.
    You think its normal to not have any contact for a day?.. i kinda feel strange if i have no contact with my gf for a day.
    ( Happened yday ).

Never. Because I don't have a partner. And I'm a virgin. And I'm 18, which is very old. My life is a complete failure :sad:

ReputationRep:
    We text and talk on the phone everyday. If it was up to me it'd be different but he likes it so whatevss

ReputationRep:
    About 24/7. We text all day, mainly because with his job and me being at uni it was hard to have many phone calls and I often couldn't see him all day due to the awkward hours, plus he has to work away for upto a week sometimes. Our texts are free so we just natter all day Phone calls when neither of us are doing anything. And if we're both at home and have nothing to do then we'll be together.

We are planning on moving on together when the time is right, so spending a lot of time together is a good idea in my opininon

ReputationRep:
    Life pans out differently, i believe that one always finds someone special for them, its just a matter of time. Wherever its at 17, 19, or 32. If your single and havnt found anyone it doesnt make anyone less of a person at all, thats just my general view. Im a virgin and im pleased about it.

Anyway, responses to the question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Never. Because I don't have a partner. And I'm a virgin. And I'm 18, which is very old. My life is a complete failure :sad:
    ... If you think your entire life is measure by your relationships then you really are a failure.

ReputationRep:
    A phonecall everyday after he finishes work for about 5 mins, unless i'm seeing him, which is about twice a week.

ReputationRep:
    A few texts a day, about 3 or 4 long phone calls a week, and maybe talk online occasionally.

ReputationRep:
    Single at the minute but in the past ive tended to speak to boyfriends atleast once a day, even if its just a quick goodnight text if one of us has been away/extra busy/without internet or phone access etc.
    As well as that we would talk online, phone calls at night every so often when not sseeing eachother.

Sometimes its obviously not possible, but generally contact in some form everyday.

ReputationRep:
    Gosh!, im lacking haha, i only see my gf, once or twice a week. and we have maybe around 2 or 3 phone calls a week, and talk maybe 5 times via msn or fb a week.

I hope all relationships are different lol.

ReputationRep:
    Me and my boyfriend talk everyday, even if it is just a quick text, or chat on msn. If we don't hear from each other, it's odd. Okay now I feel obsessive. Wouldn't have it any other way though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr_Cricket)
    Usually a phone call every day? or a text? or quick talk on msn.
    You think its normal to not have any contact for a day?.. i kinda feel strange if i have no contact with my gf for a day.
    ( Happened yday ).
    It's perfectly normal. It's up to you to do something if you don't like such-and-such, though. If you want to ask them why they don't reply, just do it :P

Try not to be too "questioning" though, try being light-hearted about it.

ReputationRep:
    We usually text each other first thing in the morning, then once in the evening, then have a phone call every night before bed. To be honest, I seem him every day or two, so it seems a bit silly being any more. If we're not seeing each other though, the texts usually increases throughout the day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    18 you say hmmm....very weird

ReputationRep:
    Texts everyday and convo on msn
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    We've never had a day in which we've not communicated.

ReputationRep:
    We see one another most days but on the days we don't, we speak on the phone at least once and usually send some texts.

Sound obsesssive. We feel weird if we don't see one another, let alone not speak =/

ReputationRep:
    I've been with my boyfriend for coming up to 2 years I've known him for 4 When he's at home/uni - it's msn every night and a couple of text messages every now and again. When he's away like he is at the moment we email each other every 1-2 days And when he has no internet and he's abroad he calls every 3/4 days

x

ReputationRep:

I speak to my boyfriend everyday on the phone, give or take.
    We see one another once or twice a week on top of that too.

ReputationRep:
    Apart from the times we live together ( like now :woo: ) every day. It would seem weird not to.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.