Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How often do you hear from your partner? Watch

ReputationRep:
    text pretty much every day if he has credit, talk on msn and i'll call him about 3 times a week

ReputationRep:
    Text at least once a day, usually some MSN, and a phonecall (usually a few hours) every two days or so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr_Cricket)
    Usually a phone call every day? or a text? or quick talk on msn.
    You think its normal to not have any contact for a day?.. i kinda feel strange if i have no contact with my gf for a day.
    ( Happened yday ).
    Usually text throughout the day and talk on msn on phone each other in the evenings
    I wouldn't like to not talk to him all day would be strange like you said. Although some days we talk less than others just depends on what were doing or if you just need your own space etc

ReputationRep:
    Haven't got a partner :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Right now? Almost never :/

When it was actually going well it was everyday.

ReputationRep:
    Now it's the summer holidays I see him almost every day, if I don't then we talk on the phone a couple of times a day.

ReputationRep:
    Because we're both phenomenally skint, mostly just msn every day and see each other once or twice a week. If we've got credit, we'll text each other, but probs not every day. I've had boyfriends in the past who used to text me ALL THE TIME and it did my head in. Or talk on msn every single day and tell me they missed me every day and... ohhh bad times!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I live with him XD

ReputationRep:
    Depends what she's talking about.

ReputationRep:
    Usually just email a few times a day. Never on the phone for more than 2 seconds to say "I'm outside your house". Text a couple of times per month.

ReputationRep:
    These levels of contact are, frankly, scary.

ReputationRep:
    I don't.

I need a new boyfriend. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vander Beth)
    I don't.

I need a new boyfriend. :sad:
    * huggs * you will find one soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CapturedSoul)
    A few texts a day, about 3 or 4 long phone calls a week, and maybe talk online occasionally.
    Something similar to this.

ReputationRep:
    My first proper relationship, we'd talk online about once every 6/7 days, and see each other about once a week. That wasn't really enough communication for me, but we managed to last nine months.

My next boyfriend called me about ten times a day, was always texting me, and only lived about four houses away! Pretty overkill, in my opinion. Needless to say, it lasted about three weeks.

I'm not seeing anyone at the moment, but I think ideal level of contact for me is maybe a phone call once a week or so, MSN most days, and seeing them in person once a week.

The levels of contact everyone else are reporting makes me feel like I'm quite antisocial. =/

ReputationRep:
    We live together. But if he's on holiday or at a festival, we phone and text a bit, usually every couple of hours.

ReputationRep:
    I'll let you guys know when I have one

(Original post by EmiiCYBER)

I speak to my boyfriend everyday on the phone, give or take.
    We see one another once or twice a week on top of that too.
    Let me fix that for you...

(Original post by EmiiCYBER)

I speak to my boyfriend everyday on the phone, give or take.
    We see one another once or twice a week on top of that too.

ReputationRep:
    Usually every day, although I'm the one that gets more upset if we don't contact than he does. But yeah it depends, texts, phone calls, msn- depends where we are, what we're doing and what we have to say!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elfen)
    We live together. But if he's on holiday or at a festival, we phone and text a bit, usually every couple of hours.
    "a bit" isn't really the same as every couple of hours, that is more like 'all the time'

ReputationRep:
    A bit, is a short text convo or a short call. It's "a bit" to me cos I don't and he doesn't expect me to be texting and calling him 24/7 winding him up by being overtly possessive.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.