Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is this the Indian thread? :confused:

(Original post by Ladipidoo)
    Freshie from the pind :rofl: :laugh:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Seriously OP I jus gotta say you are kinda stupid. I mean why would you go out with a guy when you know everything can hit the pan later on? You can only fall in love with him after spending a considerable amount of time with him. So why even let it get to this point?
    As for the rest think about why your parents wuld be miffed! By marrying a hindu their grandchildren are gna hav aa completely different religion and culture to them. Thats a whole family history and religious history put to dust from your generation onwards.

ReputationRep:
    At least you're not a gay muslim male...

Check out the rest of H&R!

ReputationRep:
    Did she say he wanted to be Punjabi? Apologies if she has.
    And why all the hate towards your brother's Hindu gf? It's not like she's not Indian. You should stop being so narrow-minded.
    Being "indian" doesnt mean much..

its about the caste, the religion- then after all that you are indian. Actually it just the country india

Gujaratis and punjabis have their own culture like many other sub-cultures in India.

I dunno why there is so much hatred- blood has been shed in the past, our parents generation may not be able to let go of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ammo)
    Seriously OP I jus gotta say you are kinda stupid. I mean why would you go out with a guy when you know everything can hit the pan later on? You can only fall in love with him after spending a considerable amount of time with him. So why even let it get to this point?
    As for the rest think about why your parents wuld be miffed! By marrying a hindu their grandchildren are gna hav aa completely different religion and culture to them. Thats a whole family history and religious history put to dust from your generation onwards.
    ITS true though... but then I thought of all other relationships that are interracial and the hindu/sikh/muslim marriages just dont match them.

Comment in bold- OUCH...like so true why did you let it go this far? You should have known better...

The second - depends on how much you give a damn..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnjames)
    Is this the Indian thread? :confused:
    Don't hate :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Don't hate :hmmm:
    I see it's also the loser sub thread... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnjames)
    I see it's also the loser sub thread... :rolleyes:
    I only became one today :girl:
    And again: don't hate :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    I only became one today :girl:
    And again: don't hate :hmmm:
    You only got the sub so you could scare people with your freaky looking avatar!

ReputationRep:
    Tell them you read the God delusion and saw the light of atheism. When they stop screaming tell them that your only joking but ou do have a bf of a different religion. it wont seem so bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey,

Well basically for a year now I have had a Hindu boyfriend and I am a Sikh myself. We are scared to tell our parents incase they won't let us get married! Also restrict me from seeing him .

But both our families are originally from India! We are British Indians. So they should right? What should I do!!?

I need advice and help asap!

Thanks
    How about you both put your superstitions to one side and tell your parents to mind their own business? This is 21st Century Britain.

Freshie from the pind :rofl: :laugh:
    Whats pind?

OP, you dirty whore :eek3:

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Whats pind?
    Village.

ReputationRep:
    S h t. The new fragrance. by calvin klein

(Original post by adamdivine)
    S h t. The new fragrance. by calvin klein
    What does that stand for?

(Original post by g_star_raw_1989)
    OP, you dirty whore :eek3:
    Why? Whats wrong with a person from another religion? Maybe its less girls for Sikhs but still.

ReputationRep:
    OP Im not tryna sound rude here but since you didnt know what a pind was its kinda obvious you are well out of touch with your religion and culture and only call yourself Sikh for namesake. For it to have got this bad obviously your parents didnt instill that pride of language, history and culture into you and kinda let you grow up raw British (i.e. as in not in touch with your roots in any way) rather that Asian-British (i.e being in touch with both cultures). So tbh all you gotta say to your rentz is they made you like this since u didnt even know what a pind is - kinda sums up the extent in which youve lost touch. But it is kind of a shame lacking that touch to your roots and not having the love for it that a large number of us do. Think of it this way, if the BNP took power where would you turn? Youd have nowhere to call your true home since you hav lost all connection to your blood heritage.
    And since Hindu India has been trying to destroy Sikhism for the last 80-odd years it kinda sums up why Sikhs would be angry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ammo)
    OP Im not tryna sound rude here but since you didnt know what a pind was its kinda obvious you are well out of touch with your religion and culture and only call yourself Sikh for namesake. For it to have got this bad obviously your parents didnt instill that pride of language, history and culture into you and kinda let you grow up raw British (i.e. as in not in touch with your roots in any way) rather that Asian-British (i.e being in touch with both cultures). So tbh all you gotta say to your rentz is they made you like this since u didnt even know what a pind is - kinda sums up the extent in which youve lost touch. But it is kind of a shame lacking that touch to your roots and not having the love for it that a large number of us do. Think of it this way, if the BNP took power where would you turn? Youd have nowhere to call your true home since you hav lost all connection to your blood heritage.
    And since Hindu India has been trying to destroy Sikhism for the last 80-odd years it kinda sums up why Sikhs would be angry.

Yess this is correct .. never forget operation bluestar .. Our sikh brothers and sisters died at the Golden Temple for us .. while the HINDU government turned a blind eye to the rape, murder and violence towards sikhs ...if you marry a HINDU you are turning your back on sikhism and the pain and torment our families have been through to give sikhi a better life ... can you live with this guiilt ?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 29, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.