Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I had no idea Sikhs hate Hindus this much :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    Its not that we hate every Hindu but they cause us so much pain back in India even now there is prejudice against Sikhs ... the Government says Sikhs are Hindus when we are not .. we are a completely different religion ... our founder was a hindu yess but he went against their teachings and the muslim teachings and gave way to a new religion which developed into SIkhism. Research on Operation Bluestar ... you will see .. i just hope Manmohan Singh can change the state of India

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G550NDH)
    Its not that we hate every Hindu but they cause us so much pain back in India even now there is prejudice against Sikhs ... the Government says Sikhs are Hindus when we are not .. we are a completely different religion ... our founder was a hindu yess but he went against their teachings and the muslim teachings and gave way to a new religion which developed into SIkhism. Research on Operation Bluestar ... you will see .. i just hope Manmohan Singh can change the state of India
    Screw India, me and the 25000 people who marched to Hyde Park last month are all waiting for Khalistan. As is the thousands of people that couldnt make the march and the millions worldwide who all marched for justice. India makes out that its all equality like America and Britain, but fact is unless youre Hindu they try and change your history to make out you are.

ReputationRep:
    Sikhs dont hate hindus. But it doesnt mean that just because we dont hate them that we're alright with our sisters marrying them.
    Its just like having loads of mates that you chilled with, youre cool wiv em, but you might not necessarily want your sister to go marry em.

But most of us (i.e. those who give a damn about Sikhism and our people, and actually know our history) do hate India though. We've suffered holocaust under them b******s.:mad: 25th Anniversary this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ammo)
    Screw India, me and the 25000 people who marched to Hyde Park last month are all waiting for Khalistan. As is the thousands of people that couldnt make the march and the millions worldwide who all marched for justice. India makes out that its all equality like America and Britain, but fact is unless youre Hindu they try and change your history to make out you are.
    KHALISTANNN ZINDABAAAAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! :woo: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singhz)
    KHALISTANNN ZINDABAAAAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! :woo: :woo:
    omg i never knew any of this stuff. Im a sikh jatt girl and my best friend is hindu punjabi and both our parents are british. when she comes over its lyk she s one of us, coz culture is the same. I think hindus and sikhs are reallly similar. On the other hand, even though i having nothing against hindus, i would still only marry a Sikh boy. Nevertheless, if ur "madly" in love with this boy than i spose the only thing u can do is tell ur parents hoping they will agree in the end, or just do it and fear the consequences later. Best of luck darling!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ammo)
    Sikhs dont hate hindus. But it doesnt mean that just because we dont hate them that we're alright with our sisters marrying them.
    Its just like having loads of mates that you chilled with, youre cool wiv em, but you might not necessarily want your sister to go marry em.

But most of us (i.e. those who give a damn about Sikhism and our people, and actually know our history) do hate India though. We've suffered holocaust under them b******s.:mad: 25th Anniversary this year.
    Can I just ask you how India is a Hindu Country? It is a secular nation? The PM is a Sikh and a Singh. If he hated India as much has you then wouldn't he give Khalistan to Sikhs? Also it is not only Sikhs that are oppressed in India, it is all the other religions aswell, including Hinduism! The Indian Media is Anti-Hindu, But I must say India is becoming more a Christian Nation these days.

ReputationRep:
    I had no idea Sikhs hate Hindus this much http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ilies/zomg.gif
    :facepalm:

Please don't base your opinions on these *********.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -WhySoSerious?)
    :facepalm:

Please don't base your opinions on these *********.
    I don't really base opinions on people on TSR :borat:
    These guys seem to be too angry with the whole 'Sikhism vs. Hinduism' thing for their own good :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    I don't really base opinions on people on TSR http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...lies/borat.gif
    These guys seem to be too angry with the whole 'Sikhism vs. Hinduism' thing for their own good http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ies/sadnod.gif
    yeah, maybe it would be slightly more of an issue if they actually lived in india, but this is beyond ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, maybe it would be slightly more of an issue if they actually lived in india, but this is beyond ridiculous.
    stfu you thick ****.

ReputationRep:
    lolz at the fact this is still going on ;P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singhz)
    stfu you thick ****.
    The fact that you can't come out with a decent argument for anything just makes you even more of a laughing stock mate.

ReputationRep:
    The fact that you can't come out with a decent argument for anything just makes you even more of a laughing stock mate.
    Ill agree that Singhz isnt arguing properly with you so if you want an academic debate then ill answer any questions and debate with you fully. Having jus spent 6 months producing a dissertation for history on the human rights abuses and holocaust of Sikhs in India, whilst spending a month over there to gain primary sources and knowing numerous families both in England and Canada who were forced to leave their homes out of fear of being killed, i reckon i pretty much know what im on about.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really base opinions on people on TSR :borat:
    These guys seem to be too angry with the whole 'Sikhism vs. Hinduism' thing for their own good :sadnod:
    Well since iv had my family torn apart due to the same situation thanks to a selfish b**** who neva thought how her decisions could impact anyone elses life I reckon iv got a right to say how I feel.

Let me summarise this thread for you:

''Hi I got into a relationship fully knowing it could all hit the fan and cause so many stupid problems. And now guess what, Ive fallen in love with the guy so what do I do cos it looks like it could all hit the fan with my family?''

Answer:
    You knew what could happen but made the DECISION to go ahead. I.E you made your bed now lie in it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ammo)
    Ill agree that Singhz isnt arguing properly with you so if you want an academic debate then ill answer any questions and debate with you fully. Having jus spent 6 months producing a dissertation for history on the human rights abuses and holocaust of Sikhs in India, whilst spending a month over there to gain primary sources and knowing numerous families both in England and Canada who were forced to leave their homes out of fear of being killed, i reckon i pretty much know what im on about.
    Any bias views there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amit92)
    Any bias views there?
    Mate how can it be biased? Its jus the plain simple truth using unbiased first hand sources including government papers and medical reports etc. Its like having a Jew write an article about the holocaust and then askin if he's bein biased against the Nazis. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ammo)
    Mate how can it be biased? Its jus the plain simple truth using unbiased first hand sources including government papers and medical reports etc. Its like having a Jew write an article about the holocaust and then askin if he's bein biased against the Nazis. :eek:
    Are you against the Hindu people of India or the Government of India?

ReputationRep:
    Turban honest I think you should sikh a new boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin J)
    Turban honest I think you should sikh a new boyfriend.
    Its wrong to say something like that, some people might get offended. But I suppose the Milky Way Kid never taught you anything about respect.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 29, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.