Turn on thread page Beta

I am a muslim...I'm gay..What can i do :( watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    As a Catholic, I take offence to that. It isn't that simple.
    well i'm a catholic and i wasn't offended. you're just hypersensitive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rocious)
    isnt lying a sin in islam?
    I presume so but one thing I know is that homosexuality is a worse sin that lying.

ReputationRep:
    well i'm a catholic and i wasn't offended. you're just hypersensitive.
    Well you're obviously not a proper one because you wouldn't say stuff like that. Also converting isn't allowed in Islam.

Hypersensitive for being religious, erm okay then :tumble:

ReputationRep:
    I presume so but one thing I know is that homosexuality is a worse sin that lying.
    i'm gonna need some Qur'an references here

ReputationRep:
    Well you're obviously not a proper one
    i've been christened and confirmed so **** you

god would NOT approve of what you've just wrote

ReputationRep:
    i'm gonna need some Qur'an references here
    I'm not muslim so I know nothing about references but my school year was made up of 75% muslims and they told me that if they had a gay child, then they would kill them.

ReputationRep:
    i've been christened and confirmed so **** you

god would NOT approve of what you've just wrote(written)
    Okay great way to prove it by not even using God's name correctly.

ReputationRep:
    isnt lying a sin in islam?
    In the right situation, no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charzhino)
    In the right situation, no
    god, what a morally bankrupt religion

OP, I once thought I was a gay Muslim.....

but that was when I was 16...

I think it lasted for about a week, and then I totally lost interest in all men, nothing turned me on apart from women for some reason? I can't imagine, at all, life without a woman now though! Maybe it's just a passing thing?

ReputationRep:
    The OP doesn't want to convert. He believes in Islam.

Just like I said before, it's your test. It is a big one, but not the biggest ever. We are all faced with dilemmas and as Muslims, we have to deal with them accordingly. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't be Muslim because you're gay, or that you're a bad Muslim because of it. Only actions count in Islam.

ReputationRep:
    Aw OP it's really sad that you're in this situation. Personally I believe in God (but not religion) and I hope he/she is benevolent. If so I don't believe that anything between two consenting adults that doesn't hurt anyone else can be wrong. Live your life the way you want, don't let some texts written by men hundreds of years ago dictate to you what is and isn't right.

ReputationRep:
    god, what a morally bankrupt religion
    I can see sense in it in the most specific cases, similar to being a white lie which doesn't really harm anyone, or in other cases lyingto save someone from danger or impending death.

ReputationRep:
    Islam forbids Homosexuality, be it women with women or men with men.

This is evidenced in the Qur'an and in the sayings of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

Contrary to what one of the members above believes, the Muslim who commits the act of sodomy, is still a Muslim. What will take you of Islam? To worship something other than Allah. This is not worshipping another thing and therefore, you are still a Muslim, despite of your sexual orientation, or what you perceive it to be.

This is in Islam, and even in most of the Animal Kingdom you will find a despicable thing and it is not practiced. It is most likely as a result of your nurture rather than nature, as I read one member posting in another thread.

With regards to religion holding you back, then it is a case of whether you wish to get into Jannah - Paradise. If yes you would obey Allah and his laws. If not then you would listen to your own whims and desires. In any case life is not something simple that everybody knows how to do. The Qur'an is a book, a manual for your life. Imagine somebody bought, for example, a microwave and he had no concept of it before. He would read the instructions, sah? Well we need to read the instructions also, on how to live our lives according to the correct way with morals and dignity.

You should perhaps 'hang out' with people of the same gender as you, because, and this is well known, a person is the image of his friends. If his friends are evil, then their mannerisms will creep into them. Just as a person who loves a footballer or pop star will have his hair shaped like him or try to imitate them in actions/speech because they like it. Spending time with women all the time will eventually bring you to become like them, by speech, actions, and desires.

This is something that earlier generations were destroyed for. The upturned land is still in the occupied territory of Palestine today, and is seen as the lowest point of the earth, that is dry.

We would advise you to increase in worshipping of Allah. If you are born into a western family then most likely it would be that you have not been brought up worshipping Allah correctly if at all. You should strive to seek knowledge and please your creator. After you feel this is increasing your faith then get married, to a woman. The love will grow between you and you will be able to have kids and release your desire into something that you will not be sinned for, rather you will be rewarded for, that is, a wife.

We ask Allah to guide you, and to accept your repentance.

ReputationRep:
    OP if you are not a troll and really are gay, I'm sorry but your pretty much screwed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mozzy1411)
    This is in Islam, and even in most of the Animal Kingdom you will find a despicable thing and it is not practiced. It is most likely as a result of your nurture rather than nature, as I read one member posting in another thread.
    Homosexuality is found in the natural kingdom.
    (Original post by Mozzy1411)
    You should perhaps 'hang out' with people of the same gender as you, because, and this is well known, a person is the image of his friends. If his friends are evil, then their mannerisms will creep into them. Just as a person who loves a footballer or pop star will have his hair shaped like him or try to imitate them in actions/speech because they like it. Spending time with women all the time will eventually bring you to become like them, by speech, actions, and desires.
    Just to warn you, your gonna get alot of heat for this paragraph lol

ReputationRep:
    OP if you are not a troll and really are gay, I'm sorry but your pretty much screwed
    No, not really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vortex_199)
    No, not really.
    In the sense of him wanting to carry on with Islam and telling his surrounding family.

ReputationRep:
    I can see sense in it in the most specific cases, similar to being a white lie which doesn't really harm anyone, or in other cases lyingto save someone from danger or impending death.
    yeah but making integrity a worse sin than hypocrisy? it's very simple - if god were so offended by gays, he wouldn't create 5% of the population homosexual. if gays were 'against nature', whatever the **** that means, they wouldn't exist in other species.

to claim that homosexual sex is a 'sin' is to utter an absurdity; if there exists such a god that is so capricious then i would love to meet the kind of masochistic bigoted moron that would be admitted to his heaven.

Think very carefully, OP, about why you believe. If your mind were wiped, save its basic skills, and you were presented with the holy books of the several thousands gods that have been worshipped in the past, do you think you would pick Islam again? Would you need any god?

Also that comment about the Catholics was hilarious. And noone cares if you are offended. I'm offended that the Pope gave no punishment to the Brazilian step-father who raped her nine-year-old daughter, but excommunicated the doctor who aborted their 'love'-child - and don't get me started on condoms.

Hello everybody...I can't believe so many people have actually bothered to answer me...thanks...i REALLY appreciate it.

The thing is i really have tried not to like men...it is such a weird feeling like...when i think of a man its not just about sex...its the feeling of warmth and something to really make me feel happy...its sort of a drug the feeling it gives me?! I honestly do not mean to sound big headed i have so many goodlookin women around me asking to come out with me and ive been to the pictures with them etc but then it just turns out i really like them as a friend but cant persue the friendship because they want more. I feel sort of uncomfortable when i get attention of women...i even tried to stop going to the gym and everything to stop looking "well" unfortunately it didnt work and i just felt worse so i ended up going back.

MOZZY1411

Out of all of the answers yours made the most sense...maybe i havent been taught the right ways and i have 3 older sisters who i am extremely close to which maybe caused me to think like them. I have my lad mates but i seem to get on with lasses better all lads seem to talk about (even my muslim friends) are lasses and it just makes me feel uncomfortable.

Btw sorry for describing my feelings about men up there...just needed yous to get a feeling of what its like.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 6, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.