Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am a muslim...I'm gay..What can i do :( Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mozzy1411)
    Islam forbids Homosexuality, be it women with women or men with men.

This is evidenced in the Qur'an and in the sayings of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

Contrary to what one of the members above believes, the Muslim who commits the act of sodomy, is still a Muslim. What will take you of Islam? To worship something other than Allah. This is not worshipping another thing and therefore, you are still a Muslim, despite of your sexual orientation, or what you perceive it to be.

This is in Islam, and even in most of the Animal Kingdom you will find a despicable thing and it is not practiced. It is most likely as a result of your nurture rather than nature, as I read one member posting in another thread.

With regards to religion holding you back, then it is a case of whether you wish to get into Jannah - Paradise. If yes you would obey Allah and his laws. If not then you would listen to your own whims and desires. In any case life is not something simple that everybody knows how to do. The Qur'an is a book, a manual for your life. Imagine somebody bought, for example, a microwave and he had no concept of it before. He would read the instructions, sah? Well we need to read the instructions also, on how to live our lives according to the correct way with morals and dignity.

You should perhaps 'hang out' with people of the same gender as you, because, and this is well known, a person is the image of his friends. If his friends are evil, then their mannerisms will creep into them. Just as a person who loves a footballer or pop star will have his hair shaped like him or try to imitate them in actions/speech because they like it. Spending time with women all the time will eventually bring you to become like them, by speech, actions, and desires.

This is something that earlier generations were destroyed for. The upturned land is still in the occupied territory of Palestine today, and is seen as the lowest point of the earth, that is dry.

We would advise you to increase in worshipping of Allah. If you are born into a western family then most likely it would be that you have not been brought up worshipping Allah correctly if at all. You should strive to seek knowledge and please your creator. After you feel this is increasing your faith then get married, to a woman. The love will grow between you and you will be able to have kids and release your desire into something that you will not be sinned for, rather you will be rewarded for, that is, a wife.

We ask Allah to guide you, and to accept your repentance.
    White noise. Uncritical chanting. Conformist bigotry.

Islam: Submission

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    the thing is i really have tried not to like men...it is such a weird feeling like...when i think of a man its not just about sex...its the feeling of warmth and something to really make me feel happy...
    ZOMG that's so cute :woo:

we should totally go shopping together

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charzhino)
    In the sense of him wanting to carry on with Islam and telling his surrounding family.
    He can carry on being a Muslim and there is no need to confide in his family if he doesn't engage in homosexual acts.

ReputationRep:
    Hello everybody...I can't believe so many people have actually bothered to answer me...thanks...i REALLY appreciate it.

The thing is i really have tried not to like men...it is such a weird feeling like...when i think of a man its not just about sex...its the feeling of warmth and something to really make me feel happy...its sort of a drug the feeling it gives me?! I honestly do not mean to sound big headed i have so many goodlookin women around me asking to come out with me and ive been to the pictures with them etc but then it just turns out i really like them as a friend but cant persue the friendship because they want more. I feel sort of uncomfortable when i get attention of women...i even tried to stop going to the gym and everything to stop looking "well" unfortunately it didnt work and i just felt worse so i ended up going back.

MOZZY1411

Out of all of the answers yours made the most sense...maybe i havent been taught the right ways and i have 3 older sisters who i am extremely close to which maybe caused me to think like them. I have my lad mates but i seem to get on with lasses better all lads seem to talk about (even my muslim friends) are lasses and it just makes me feel uncomfortable.

Btw sorry for describing my feelings about men up there...just needed yous to get a feeling of what its like.

You still haven't answered whether you believe in Islam or not?

Don't worry about describing your feelings - all you've described is feelings of attraction to men... which you don't have to women.

Yes I do believe in islam...

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for the OP. There's so many instances when parents who follow "stricter" religions (by stricter I mean stricter than Christianity, or the country has stricter rules depending on the religion they follow) move to England, or a more 'Westernised' society, and cannot understand why their child becomes influenced by that society, whether it's because of different laws or influence from their peers.

*sigh*

ReputationRep:
    Maybe confide in someone in your family who you completly trust such as a sibling or cousin?

ReputationRep:
    Hello everybody...I can't believe so many people have actually bothered to answer me...thanks...i REALLY appreciate it.

The thing is i really have tried not to like men...it is such a weird feeling like...when i think of a man its not just about sex...its the feeling of warmth and something to really make me feel happy...its sort of a drug the feeling it gives me?! I honestly do not mean to sound big headed i have so many goodlookin women around me asking to come out with me and ive been to the pictures with them etc but then it just turns out i really like them as a friend but cant persue the friendship because they want more. I feel sort of uncomfortable when i get attention of women...i even tried to stop going to the gym and everything to stop looking "well" unfortunately it didnt work and i just felt worse so i ended up going back.

MOZZY1411

Out of all of the answers yours made the most sense...maybe i havent been taught the right ways and i have 3 older sisters who i am extremely close to which maybe caused me to think like them. I have my lad mates but i seem to get on with lasses better all lads seem to talk about (even my muslim friends) are lasses and it just makes me feel uncomfortable.

Btw sorry for describing my feelings about men up there...just needed yous to get a feeling of what its like.
    Never feel guilty for who you are. The chance that you know yourself is far greater than that bleated teachings that your parents, as you, only believe because their parents told them to. May I suggest reading some of the classic Englightenment texts? It is for the individual, without outside pressure, to decide how he wishes to live his life - we can think for ourselves and we should. Sapere Aude, as Kant's saying goes - be bold, not meek.

God, it's the sexually-repressive aspect of religion that is among its most disgusting facets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vortex_199)
    He can carry on being a Muslim and there is no need to confide in his family if he doesn't engage in homosexual acts.
    Well he will have to tell them when the topic of marriage comes up

ReputationRep:
    Lol OP fail
    EDIT: You deleted the message quickly!

Thing is I probably could trust one of my sisters but i would feel weird everytime i brought a lad mate back to mine etc..like i know she would be thinking 'oh is that his boyfriend' etc...plus i wouldnt want to put my burden on her and to keep that from my family if you get me? I don't want to involve anyone that doesnt need to be.

Also CAPTUREDSOUL..Ive lived here my whole life etc and only one of my parents are foreign.

What does OP mean?

That still doesnt answer what OP means lol

ReputationRep:

MOZZY1411

Well Alhamdulillah (praise is due to Allah). I doubt it is your sisters. However, the friends are one of the most important things in your life. Look at yourself and look at your friends. Look at how you were before you met them. You will definitely see a change, in details that you never even knew before. And if you cannot see it, then I am sure your family will have.

The friends that you have which are female, should not be for lack of a better word, your friends. You mentioned that you went to the pictures with some of them and so on. Well, know that if you are trying to practice Islam, then this is not the way. You should not have any type of relations with a woman you may Islamically marry - essentially your direct family. Cousins are permissible to marry. Sisters however are not. Perhaps you should try going to the mosque more often than the cinema? Or, pick up one of the many e-books online about Islam and start reading more into your religion.

Muslim friends talking about women. The saying "Boys will be boys" comes to mind here. Understand that women are held in high esteem in Islam and are not just cheap pieces of cloth that can be thrown here and there. In Islam, as shocking as it may seem to some who don't know much of Islam other than the mainstream media "facts", women are considered to be people with feelings also. Treat them carefully, with respect. You should try getting some friends that are more in tune with their religion. There is a saying by the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in which he states that an evil friend is like the blacksmith. Either he will burn your clothes, or he will give you the bad smell of smoke. Meaning that his characteristics will either cause you to be harmed, or his actions will 'rub off' on you.

Something to make you feel happy? Then read the words of Allah, the Qur'an. "Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest" [Ar-Ra'd (The Thunder) 13:28]

Keep your tongue fresh with remembrance.

ReputationRep:
    Is this Syed, from Eastenders?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I do believe in islam...
    You already said so in your original post, but some just can't believe it. It's the reaction I always get:

Person: 'But are you 100% sure you believe and it isn't your dad/uncle/brother forcing you to wear that on your head?'
    Me: 'I'm sure'.
    Person: 'Really'.
    Me: 'Yeah'.
    Person: 'So it's not...'
    Me: 'No'.
    Person sighs and offers a sympathetic smile.

(Original post by Charzhino)
    Well he will have to tell them when the topic of marriage comes up
    Maybe he can confide in them. My parents would understand. Maybe he can't and just will find a way out of it.

ReputationRep:
    Well Alhamdulillah (praise is due to Allah). I doubt it is your sisters. However, the friends are one of the most important things in your life. Look at yourself and look at your friends. Look at how you were before you met them. You will definitely see a change, in details that you never even knew before. And if you cannot see it, then I am sure your family will have.

The friends that you have which are female, should not be for lack of a better word, your friends. You mentioned that you went to the pictures with some of them and so on. Well, know that if you are trying to practice Islam, then this is not the way. You should not have any type of relations with a woman you may Islamically marry - essentially your direct family. Cousins are permissible to marry. Sisters however are not. Perhaps you should try going to the mosque more often than the cinema? Or, pick up one of the many e-books online about Islam and start reading more into your religion.

Muslim friends talking about women. The saying "Boys will be boys" comes to mind here. Understand that women are held in high esteem in Islam and are not just cheap pieces of cloth that can be thrown here and there. In Islam, as shocking as it may seem to some who don't know much of Islam other than the mainstream media "facts", women are considered to be people with feelings also. Treat them carefully, with respect. You should try getting some friends that are more in tune with their religion. There is a saying by the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in which he states that an evil friend is like the blacksmith. Either he will burn your clothes, or he will give you the bad smell of smoke. Meaning that his characteristics will either cause you to be harmed, or his actions will 'rub off' on you.

Something to make you feel happy? Then read the words of Allah, the Qur'an. "Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest" [Ar-Ra'd (The Thunder) 13:28]

hey you seem like a muslim

is homosexxing a bigger sin than lying

ReputationRep:

So what if he tries that and still fails? Many people who are gay have tried to accompany their beleifs but have struggled to gain acceptance. Have you even read his posts and considered that he might be naturally inclined to prefer the same sex and cannot change whatsoever?

ReputationRep:
    If you're a true muslim you won't act on the impulses. It's just like a muslim who wants to drink alcohol badly but won't do it because it's against the religion etc. Make up your mind, religion or needs.

ReputationRep:
    You should not have any type of relations with a woman you may Islamically marry - essentially your direct family.
    Just what kind of a sick, unnatural, twisted regime of Islamofascism is this? Is this actually what one billion people are living with, with all normal social relations between the sexes completely banned?

No wonder the false promise of 72 virgins is so attractive to these horrifically-repressed young men. The repression, ironically, just makes the religion yet more obsessed with sex.

This is an affront to human dignity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamnewcastle)
    Rocious mate...don't come into a thread that has an persons actual persons problem and try to mock it...grow up pal!
    but i totally know what you're going through

my religion frowns upon non-rape sex before marriage and i have a libido.

solution: sex before marriage!

i think you can learn from my experiences.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 6, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.