Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Thankyou so much Mozzy...alot of the things you say sort of 'hit out at me' Your completely right...like i shouldnt be alone with a woman who is not my imediate family. I knew of this already just i am doing things wrong...I was trying to sort of find attractivness in women?

CHARZINGO also thanks...thats the way its seeming..i simple cannot change ive done everything i can think of i guess i'm going to have to engage in the things MOZZY1411 have said. All it can do is better me rather than do me harm if you get me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    That still doesnt answer what OP means lol
    OP is original post or original poster... not sure which it's used interchangeably

Basically you are the OP in this topic because you made it and your very first post is also the OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niall c)
    Good luck. I'm thankful every day that I was not born into a family dictating whether I could be gay or straight, theist or atheist, eat pork or not, when and with whom I could have sex, and most of all that did not mutilate my genitalia, with the threat of eternal damnation to back it up. I hope to have helped you, who clearly are in this situation!
    Which has no religious backing, FYI, which am sure you know...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rocious)
    but i totally know what you're going through

my religion frowns upon non-rape sex before marriage and i have a libido.

solution: sex before marriage!

i think you can learn from my experiences.
    And rape sex before marriage? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Just what kind of a sick, unnatural, twisted regime of Islamofascism is this? Is this actually what one billion people are living with, with all normal social relations between the sexes completely banned?

No wonder the false promise of 72 virgins is so attractive to these horrifically-repressed young men. The repression, ironically, just makes the religion yet more obsessed with sex.

This is an affront to human dignity.
    Rant much?

ReputationRep:
    Finding women attractive is the nature of a man.

We are all sinners, we must repent for the wrong things that we do. We fear Allah's punishment and hope for his mercy. His mercy far outweighs his wrath.

Even though you have done sins Allah forgives all sins, except Shirk - associating a partner with Allah.

As mentioned previously, you need to keep more company with males. Note that the ruling at looking at a woman lustfully also applies to a man. This will only increase your desire and will inevitably lead you to evil things. Keep yourself away from such things. In the spoiler in my signature, click the link. "Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest".

With regards to Rocious, yes I am a Muslim. In answer to your question, in Islam we regard a sin as a sin. Although there are degrees to sins, such as disbelief in Allah being the highest, and drinking alcohol not as much as that, we do not look to the size of the sin. In Islam it is not a case of the sin is only small and bat it away like a fly. The true believer is the one who thinks of every sin as a mountain falling on top of him, and he is quick to repent. It is a sin. Okay, that means it is forbidden. This means we should stay away from it. There is no concept in Islam of small sins are no problem.

WARMEYE...I know from your point of view what you have said would seem the solution....however....imagine being in it?

...Not as easy!!!

I know of a dentist...who was a gay muslim and commited suicide because he couldnt deal with the pressure.

I doubt i would become suicidal...as this is also a big sin....But who knows what could happen to a person who has to keep this to them selves...it has a mental strain on some people....so please be a bit more sensitive as to ur solutions..

p.s. that wasnt me saying i was going to kill my self...i wouldnt.

ReputationRep:
    Just what kind of a sick, unnatural, twisted regime of Islamofascism is this? Is this actually what one billion people are living with, with all normal social relations between the sexes completely banned?

No wonder the false promise of 72 virgins is so attractive to these horrifically-repressed young men. The repression, ironically, just makes the religion yet more obsessed with sex.

This is an affront to human dignity.
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh x-nay on the upid religion-stay

worked up over nothing guy for the lulz xD

ReputationRep:
    Follow eastenders and find out the resolution

Mozzy I didnt fully understand what you meant by SHIRK? please elaborate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mozzy1411)
    We ask Allah to guide you, and to accept your repentance.
    Ass3 akhi - just out of interest, why do you speak using the royal we? I don't mean this disrespectfully whatsoever, but.. yeah?

Very nice post, anyway. MashaAllah.

ReputationRep:
    Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Rajiun

He uses we...as in "us muslims" yasmeenax.

ReputationRep:
    Cousins are permissible to marry.

There is a saying by the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in which he states that an evil friend is like the blacksmith. Either he will burn your clothes, or he will give you the bad smell of smoke. Meaning that his characteristics will either cause you to be harmed, or his actions will 'rub off' on you.
    The rest seems on the level with what I've heard but... COUSINS!? D:

I do NOT understand that expression at all (don't blacksmiths make like... metal stuff? how would they burn you? o.O)

ReputationRep:
    Finding women attractive is the nature of a man.

We are all sinners, we must repent for the wrong things that we do. We fear Allah's punishment and hope for his mercy. His mercy far outweighs his wrath.

Even though you have done sins Allah forgives all sins, except Shirk - associating a partner with Allah.
    This is the problem I have with Islam and it's version of God. It's a contradiction when you claim God to be the most benovlent, most merciful, most forigving entity whilst Allah gets furious and wrath when someone does the most trivial of minor things such as eat forbidden food, wear slightly wrong clothing or listen to music, the list goes on. God wouldn't care about little irrelevant things like that, as long as a person has his heart in meditation with Gods name and does good deeds, that's ALL that matters.

ReputationRep:
    Mozzy I didnt fully understand what you meant by SHIRK? please elaborate?
    wikipedia ftw

Shirk is the Islamic concept of the sin of polytheism specifically, but in a more general way refers to worshipping other than Allah, associating partners with him, giving his characteristics to others beside him, or not believing in his characteristics. Within Islam, Major Shirk is a forgivable sin if one repents from it while one is alive, but according to Islamic texts, anyone who dies upon this sin will never enter paradise. It is the vice that is opposed to the virtue of tawhid, literally "declaring [that which is] one", often translated into the English term monotheism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasmeenax)
    Ass3 akhi - just out of interest, why do you speak using the royal we? I don't mean this disrespectfully whatsoever, but.. yeah?

Very nice post, anyway. MashaAllah.
    It is not in fact the "Royal" we, the one that Allah 'azza wa jall uses sometimes in the Qur'an. Rather it is on behalf of other Muslims that would agree with me.

Walhamdulillah. (Praises are due to Allah alone)

ReputationRep:
    But who knows what could happen to a person who has to keep this to them selves...it has a mental strain on some people.
    But theoretically, isn't praying (or meditating) meant to relieve that strain/stress?

Was just wondering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHRIS_PARTLOW)
    Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Rajiun
    :poke:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    As an athiest gay male, I find the replies from Mozzy offensive.

While Im sure what they are saying is the word of the Qu'ran, I suppose my inner common sense (praise be to atheism) is screaming something along the lines of:

Why are you risking ruining your life, wasting your time on this earth living an unhappy, unfulfilling and confusing life because a dusty old tome written by ancient politicians tells you it is wrong?

You can only be yourself, your sexuality is not something you can change, and those who manage the impossible task of oppressing it, generally lead unhappy lives.

So I suppose the choice is yours.
    Be true to yourself, and live a fulfilling life.
    Be true to your religion, and be cursed will unhappiness

Would the seemingly benevolent Allah really even consider the latter?
    Would a 'god' have created life just to watch it squirm? If so, you wont find me knocking on the pearly gates ready to give him my good graces.

Note: Apologies if Muslims find this offensive. My only conflict with religion is when its false and outdated morals conflict with the laws of common sense.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 6, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.