Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am a muslim...I'm gay..What can i do :( watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moroseblight)
    But theoretically, isn't praying (or meditating) meant to relieve that strain/stress?

Was just wondering.
    Yes, but praying is talking to and confiding in God, not yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BumperBo)
    wikipedia ftw

Shirk is the Islamic concept of the sin of polytheism specifically, but in a more general way refers to worshipping other than Allah, associating partners with him, giving his characteristics to others beside him, or not believing in his characteristics. Within Islam, Major Shirk is a forgivable sin if one repents from it while one is alive, but according to Islamic texts, anyone who dies upon this sin will never enter paradise. It is the vice that is opposed to the virtue of tawhid, literally "declaring [that which is] one", often translated into the English term monotheism.
    Yes cousins, it is customary in some cultures to marry them, it is is not specific to Islam.

Blacksmiths use fire to melt metal so it may be moulded.

Charzhino refer to my post about sins, and batting of fly and the mountain etc.

Wikipedia is not a great source on Islam unfortunately. However, indeed it is correct when it states that you have a chance to repent from the Kufr (disbelief). For example in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia if someone would denounce Islam he would be executed, but would be given a chance to repent before that. If he refuses still then he would be executed. Pardon me for not stating it clearly. Shirk is not forgivable if one was to die upon it. In other words if you cam on the Day of Judgement with millions of sins and no good deeds, it is up to Allah, the King, the Judge to decide if he wishes to forgive you. Except if amongst those deeds is Shirk. Then you will not be forgiven.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mozzy1411)
    It is not in fact the "Royal" we, the one that Allah 'azza wa jall uses sometimes in the Qur'an. Rather it is on behalf of other Muslims that would agree with me.

Walhamdulillah. (Praises are due to Allah alone)
    Ah, right, suspected so. Just wondered, was all... JazakAllah.

ReputationRep:
    OP, surely as a Muslim you know what Islam has to say on homosexuality? What ever it says, do it. No if's, no buts, if your a Muslim you'll just accept what the Qu'ran has to say on the matter.

/thread

ReputationRep:
    :poke:
    The saying "Innaa lillahi wa Innaa Ilayhi Raaji'oon" means "To Allah we belong, and to him we shall return". Though this is usually said when a Muslim hears of a death of a person. Or perhaps he was trying to point out the "Royal we" matter.

ReputationRep:
    :poke:
    what does this mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vortex_199)
    Yes, but praying is talking to and confiding in God, not yourself.
    Er- I'm afraid I don't follow. Why would you talk to yourself? oO

I was under the impression that praying, or "talking to God" as it were, was therapeutic as it's akin to talking to someone. From the little I know, prayer constitutes a major part of Islam and meditation is encouraged - that was why I mentioned it. *shrugs*

04ghicks...

I do honestly understand where you are coming from but my opinion and religion is that life on earth is a test merely to take you to the real life after death on earth...

...don't worry about offending...it shouldnt bother anyone. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and its good to hear a broad range of answers....

ReputationRep:
    Well having seen your true colours I have lost any sadness I may have had for you...
    You believe in Islam etc and therefore accept that your religion tells you that active homosexuality is wrong and get on with a celibate life / with women if you can do this.

You really should go to a muslim forum or something....if your problem was you didn't believe and your family/culture was the problem it'd be a different thing.

I wasnt looking for sadness or sympathy from anyone...I simply do not know what to dow ith my self anymore...the guilt etc and I don't know how to handle my life anymore...I shouldnt need to go to another forum since i started this thread and it does state in my OP that i do believe in islam....

....Its just hard not having people to talk to.

This is the first time ive actually ever asked for advice or anything on this issues...and i'm glad i did it...i feel a bit better for it.

Thanks for trying to help though mate..really do appreciate it and its good seeing other peoples views etc

ReputationRep:
    Religion is a terrible thing. I've read so many threads on here, always from Muslim teenagers, which have made me so sad. What sort of god would do this to someone? It's awful. I don't know how anyone could reconcile themselves with that sort of god.

The things you're feeling aren't wrong, OP, they're natural and normal and you shouldn't feel bad, or like you're doing something which is harmful to yourself or anyone else. If there was a god, why would he want you to deny who you are?

ReputationRep:
    Not to belittle the thread - but doesn't this look a lot like the scrolling text on the bottom of Jerry Springer/ Jeremy Kyle?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04ghicks)
    As an athiest gay male, I find the replies from Mozzy offensive.

While Im sure what they are saying is the word of the Qu'ran, I suppose my inner common sense (praise be to atheism) is screaming something along the lines of:

Why are you risking ruining your life, wasting your time on this earth living an unhappy, unfulfilling and confusing life because a dusty old tome written by ancient politicians tells you it is wrong?
    Because Muslims believe that this life is nothing but a blink of an eye in comparison to the hereafter, so why would the OP give up true happiness in the next life for some very short-lived fun on this imperfect Earth.
    You can only be yourself, your sexuality is not something you can change, and those who manage the impossible task of oppressing it, generally lead unhappy lives.

So I suppose the choice is yours.
    Be true to yourself, and live a fulfilling life.
    Be true to your religion, and be cursed will unhappiness
    Just because the OP is gay, he does not need to act on his feelings. We believe that we are tested in different ways, whether it is abstaining from unlawful heterosexual or homosexual sex, family death, poverty, illness and so on. We do our best to succeed and achieve happiness in the next, everlasting life.

Would the seemingly benevolent Allah really even consider the latter?
    Would a 'god' have created life just to watch it squirm? If so, you wont find me knocking on the pearly gates ready to give him my good graces.
    Muslims believe that this short, temporary life was created for God's worship, to obey his commands and keep away from what is forbidden. True living does not begin until after death. So it makes sense that we give up some of what is dear and important to us to deserve the ultimate reward.

One of Allah's ninety nine names is 'self-sufficient' or 'independent'. We don't believe that he needs us to worship him. Our worship of Him is for ourselves, so turning away would only be cutting off our own noses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Well having seen your true colours I have lost any sadness I may have had for you...
    You believe in Islam etc and therefore accept that your religion tells you that active homosexuality is wrong and get on with a celibate life / with women if you can do this.

You really should go to a muslim forum or something....if your problem was you didn't believe and your family/culture was the problem it'd be a different thing.
    omg your sig is legendary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moroseblight)
    Er- I'm afraid I don't follow. Why would you talk to yourself? oO

I was under the impression that praying, or "talking to God" as it were, was therapeutic as it's akin to talking to someone. From the little I know, prayer constitutes a major part of Islam and meditation is encouraged - that was why I mentioned it. *shrugs*
    Yes, but I didn't realise your question was rhetorical and thought you were asking about something (you can't really tell on the internet).

ReputationRep:
    'I am a muslim...I'm gay'

"I am a vegetarian ......i eat meat" ^o

LISTEN BRO HERE IS ACTUAL ADVICE:

instead of using STUDENT forums, for religous questions try using Islamic forums:

http://www.islamicboard.com/
    www.ummah.com
    www.sunniforum.com

And tons more in google. You honestly have to think, there are tons of people that dont know enough about Islam to comment, unless of course you were fishing for answers you wanted to hear??

But either way try an actual islamic forum. What do you think students could telll you? At least find out why it is forbidden, there are reasons.

I am not anti-gay at all, but I dont believe that it is natural, im entitled to my opinion.

Thanks alot for these sites im actually going to go on them now...

...of course u are entitled to your opinion...i wouldnt like a thread that had just one opinion.

I am going to go head onto look at these sites now...

Thankyou everyone for showing interest on my thread...take care and goodnight x

he know very well that it is forbidden. so islamic forums wont be of ne help to him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHRIS_PARTLOW)
    what does this mean?
    Idk i've been up for the past 38 hours so it made sense at the time haha

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 6, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.