Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mozzy1411)
    The saying "Innaa lillahi wa Innaa Ilayhi Raaji'oon" means "To Allah we belong, and to him we shall return". Though this is usually said when a Muslim hears of a death of a person. Or perhaps he was trying to point out the "Royal we" matter.
    thanks i wasn't gonna try to google that since googling foreign expressions never works out for me >.< lol

ReputationRep:
    Yes cousins, it is customary in some cultures to marry them, it is is not specific to Islam.

Blacksmiths use fire to melt metal so it may be moulded.

Charzhino refer to my post about sins, and batting of fly and the mountain etc.

Wikipedia is not a great source on Islam unfortunately. However, indeed it is correct when it states that you have a chance to repent from the Kufr (disbelief). For example in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia if someone would denounce Islam he would be executed, but would be given a chance to repent before that. If he refuses still then he would be executed. Pardon me for not stating it clearly. Shirk is not forgivable if one was to die upon it. In other words if you cam on the Day of Judgement with millions of sins and no good deeds, it is up to Allah, the King, the Judge to decide if he wishes to forgive you. Except if amongst those deeds is Shirk. Then you will not be forgiven.
    EWWWWWW :yucky:

I know they use fire but not on people...

I know it's not the greatest source on Islam but if you're just looking up the definition of a term and not it's details and meaningful symbols or other such info then it works out for a first reference. You check there, then it gives you a good starting point if you wanna learn more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BumperBo)
    EWWWWWW :yucky:

I know they use fire but not on people...

I know it's not the greatest source on Islam but if you're just looking up the definition of a term and not it's details and meaningful symbols or other such info then it works out for a first reference. You check there, then it gives you a good starting point if you wanna learn more
    He is using fire to heat metal so that it melts. The fire might catch onto someone's clothes and burn, or the smell from the smoke will go in his clothes.

This means that the friend is doing something that which is forbidden ("playing with fire" perhaps?) and it will either harm you, or it will have an indirect effect on you. That is what the smoke represents.

ReputationRep:
    You could just do what Mohammed did as well as Martin Luther and Joseph Smith and rewrite the bible but just remove the parts about homosexuality. It's okay to edit the unchangeable word of God if you say an angel told you it's true, you know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sorafdfs)
    You could just do what Mohammed did as well as Martin Luther and Joseph Smith and rewrite the bible but just remove the parts about homosexuality. It's okay to edit the unchangeable word of God if you say an angel told you it's true, you know.
    Muhammad was illiterate. He could neither read nor write. The Qur'an is not written by man, it is the words of Allah. In the Qur'an it talks about homosexuality, sorry I don't understand what you mean about it being removed. Christians know that the Bible is not the word of God.

ReputationRep:
    the Old Testament is the word of God though akhi and that's the foundation of a lot of Christianity

ReputationRep:
    He is using fire to heat metal so that it melts. The fire might catch onto someone's clothes and burn, or the smell from the smoke will go in his clothes.

This means that the friend is doing something that which is forbidden ("playing with fire" perhaps?) and it will either harm you, or it will have an indirect effect on you. That is what the smoke represents.
    I see that but it's not likely... I doubt that being near a blacksmith will always expose you to either fire or intensely heavy smoke... anyways it doesn't matter just an expression :P

ReputationRep:
    Mohammed was illiterate... he memorized the whole thing over the course of something around 20 years and repeated it back to his people... I think that's what I've heard... anyways had he changed any of it I doubt Allah would have continued giving him messages :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You'd think an all knowing god would know the Earth he created is spherical and that the sky isn't a roof... oh well, I guess the OP could always just marry a 6-year-old girl.

ReputationRep:
    Are you telling me that God would talk about incest regarding his Prophet?

Genesis 19:33 - King James Version

33And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.
    34And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.
    35And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.
    36Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father.

haadha shay' tayyib?

ReputationRep:
    You will burn in hell of this i am sure

ReputationRep:
    Bring forth your evidence if what you say is true.

ReputationRep:
    You'd think an all knowing god would know the Earth he created is spherical and that the sky isn't a roof... oh well, I guess the OP could always just marry a 6-year-old girl.
    why are you so condescending?

ReputationRep:
    ********! If Halle Berry stripped in front of you I know you wouldn't be giving any "i'm gay speeches". All you need is some good pussy.

ReputationRep:
    Please do some proper research before making such comments. (I am referring to both the first and the second parts of your sentence.)

ReputationRep:
    be your self.

ReputationRep:
    Christians know that the Bible is not the word of God.
    We do?! :eek:

Crap, if they all knew this why didn't they tell me? So inconsiderate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Not to belittle the thread - but doesn't this look a lot like the scrolling text on the bottom of Jerry Springer/ Jeremy Kyle?
    Seconded lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niall c)
    Good luck. I'm thankful every day that I was not born into a family dictating whether I could be gay or straight, theist or atheist, eat pork or not, when and with whom I could have sex, and most of all that did not mutilate my genitalia, with the threat of eternal damnation to back it up. I hope to have helped you, who clearly are in this situation!
    Damn straight. And I agree with the rest of your post.

BUT to play devils advocate: losing his entire family within a short space of time could really easily lead to depression.

ReputationRep:
    Be who you are.
    There was a Gay muslim on the bbc open questions and a debate on it i think? Maybe it was a debate on islam but...be who you are

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 6, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.