Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

After uni how much debt are you looking at.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    About 28k

ReputationRep:
    £20 grand+

ReputationRep:
    If all goes to plan then I will have £6,000 debt, although I will have that in savings but will be spending that on going travelling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katieloula)
    Yep, I just got a part time job in Admiral call centre. I applied to 50 places. Just takes a bit of determination.
    Well done you. You're lucky though, you actually have transport in Cardiff that works. I don't down here, so I'm stupidly limited as to where I can get to.

ReputationRep:
    Tuition fees x 5
    ****** (phew!) loan of ~£850 x 5

Soo.. £20,000 or so by the end, probably pretty good for a medical student. Better take my parents on a cruise or something though too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    Well done you. You're lucky though, you actually have transport in Cardiff that works. I don't down here, so I'm stupidly limited as to where I can get to.
    Lol thanks, well if you end up in Swansea they have plenty of call centres down there, Lloyds TSB call centre, Principality. So you should have no trouble

ReputationRep:
    i thought at first 24000
    now it looks like it might hit the 30 mark

ReputationRep:
    At least 30k

ReputationRep:
    about 40 grand :/

ReputationRep:
    £0

ReputationRep:
    Personally, 35-40k

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foster88)
    Taking intto account interest rates and inflation ?
    Whats this supposed to mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    Whats this supposed to mean?
    While youre at uni and afterwards you accumulate interest on your loans so pay more and each year tuition fees and maintenance loans increase with inflation (however they are looking at freezing this) so my tuition fee loan was £3000 my first year but £3225 this year.

ReputationRep:
    £30-35K most probably. Hopefully I would have saved a big sum through part-time/holiday work (if I can get a job).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie1987)
    While youre at uni and afterwards you accumulate interest on your loans so pay more and each year tuition fees and maintenance loans increase with inflation (however they are looking at freezing this) so my tuition fee loan was £3000 my first year but £3225 this year.
    Cool when are they freezing the tuition fees?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    Cool when are they freezing the tuition fees?
    http://www.bis.gov.uk/student-support-statement-010709

ReputationRep:
    A lot. That's not even considering post grad =(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam...)
    Oh dear, I feel sorry for Cambridge. You might want to learn some basic grammar before you go.

Top tip: you're, not your..
    Just leave him to be- "don't feed the trolls"

ReputationRep:
    £3672 + inflation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _lynx_)
    Just leave him to be- "don't feed the trolls"
    I'm bored and it's giving me some mild amusement

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.