Turn on thread page Beta

After uni how much debt are you looking at.. watch

ReputationRep:
    After my postgrad course it will be at least £32,000 - not including the thousands of pounds I will incur in interest

ReputationRep:
    near enough to 34000

ReputationRep:
    About £40k after postgrad.

ReputationRep:
    between 15 and 20 grand.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in London and my maintenance and tuition fee loans will together total about £30,000 when I graduate. Plus overdraft, so I'm probably looking at closer to £35,000. :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAaron)
    Only around 2 -3k at the most I would guess. I live at home though and am going to do a placement year so should save enough to pay off most debts by the time I finish.
    Ive lived at home and had a placement year, youll still be quite a bit in debt, trust me.

ReputationRep:
    It depends what part of the country you're staying in.

For a 3-year course in Reading, I expect to owe around £30k by the time I finish (It's pretty expensive there).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie1987)
    Ive lived at home and had a placement year, youll still be quite a bit in debt, trust me.
    Yeah I expect to have a bit of debt, but I've been putting all my student loan money in a savings account, plus I get a pretty nice bursary from my uni each year which is enough to pay for roughly half my tuition fees. So I will only need to save around 4k in my placement year to be debt free which seems reasonable to me. I have a part time job now which easily covers transport/ book / going out costs etc while I'm at uni.

£14, 850! Tuition fees and maintenance loan!

ReputationRep:
    About £28k

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.