Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

After uni how much debt are you looking at.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    After my postgrad course it will be at least £32,000 - not including the thousands of pounds I will incur in interest

ReputationRep:
    near enough to 34000

ReputationRep:
    About £40k after postgrad.

ReputationRep:
    between 15 and 20 grand.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in London and my maintenance and tuition fee loans will together total about £30,000 when I graduate. Plus overdraft, so I'm probably looking at closer to £35,000. :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAaron)
    Only around 2 -3k at the most I would guess. I live at home though and am going to do a placement year so should save enough to pay off most debts by the time I finish.
    Ive lived at home and had a placement year, youll still be quite a bit in debt, trust me.

ReputationRep:
    It depends what part of the country you're staying in.

For a 3-year course in Reading, I expect to owe around £30k by the time I finish (It's pretty expensive there).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie1987)
    Ive lived at home and had a placement year, youll still be quite a bit in debt, trust me.
    Yeah I expect to have a bit of debt, but I've been putting all my student loan money in a savings account, plus I get a pretty nice bursary from my uni each year which is enough to pay for roughly half my tuition fees. So I will only need to save around 4k in my placement year to be debt free which seems reasonable to me. I have a part time job now which easily covers transport/ book / going out costs etc while I'm at uni.

£14, 850! Tuition fees and maintenance loan!

ReputationRep:
    About £28k

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.