Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    I've had this holiday planned for about 2 years. It's my brother's wedding in Japan, and I've just found out it'll fall right smack in the middle of my registration, enrolment, and induction days for the PhD I'm starting in October. Obviously I'll speak to the uni on Monday to see if it'll cause any issue, but do you think off hand that it could? Just hoping to have my mind put at ease over the weekend .

I'm just paranoid about losing this funding at the last hurdle, even though there's absolutely nothing I can do about the holiday, and it's just a case of bad timing.

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest - are you going to LSE?

It should not be a major problem - send a letter to your programme director explaining the situation and they will understand.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    The first thing you need to do is stop calling it a holiday - saying you have to go out to Japan for your brother's wedding will get much more understanding that the word holiday!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.