Turn on thread page Beta

Need help with bum and thighs watch

ReputationRep:
    okay...so here's my problem....my thighs seem a bit ..well big...i'm very active...i dance everyday(latin)....i workout in the gym (cross trainer and stationery cycle) for 2 hours every day...i also do weights on alternate days...

i'm 5ft 6 ,my BMI is 20.2 ,weight around 56 kgs so i'm not overweight my problem is with my thighs...i seem to pack a lot of muscle on my bum and my thighs ...and nothing seems to be working as far losing a couple of inches off them goes...they are very toned...but not lean(if that makes sense)

so anyone out there with any ideas with exercises that i could do...that would help with losing some(little) of the bulk? or should i just lose more weight and would that help with making it leaner?( this i actually don't want to do...i don't want to lose more weight)..my body right now looks very imbalanced...top half is very lean...and the bottom looks heavy..

ReputationRep:
    Just lose some of the fat to make it lean. Well developed legs/ass=hot.

Do you squat on your weight days?

ReputationRep:
    maybe run instead of cycle. You'll loose muscle with endurance if thats what you wish to do..

I dont see what the above poster means "lose some of the fat" cos you said its muscle!

squats/lunges probably a good idea though, quite a lot of them

ReputationRep:
    Go on 1g/day test cycle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennloves...)
    okay...so here's my problem....my thighs seem a bit ..well big...i'm very active...i dance everyday(latin)....i workout in the gym (cross trainer and stationery cycle) for 2 hours every day...i also do weights on alternate days...

i'm 5ft 6 ,my BMI is 20.2 ,weight around 56 kgs so i'm not overweight my problem is with my thighs...i seem to pack a lot of muscle on my bum and my thighs ...and nothing seems to be working as far losing a couple of inches off them goes...they are very toned...but not lean(if that makes sense)

so anyone out there with any ideas with exercises that i could do...that would help with losing some(little) of the bulk? or should i just lose more weight and would that help with making it leaner?( this i actually don't want to do...i don't want to lose more weight)..my body right now looks very imbalanced...top half is very lean...and the bottom looks heavy..
    I don't think your problem is with your bum/thighs, cos they're firm and toned like you say, which is great, so I wouldn't go trying to change them.

Try and build your upper body to keep things in proportion. Then everything will look firm, toned and generally attractive :yes:

ReputationRep:
    okay...so here's my problem....my thighs seem a bit ..well big...

.i seem to pack a lot of muscle on my bum and my thighs ...

and the bottom looks heavy..
    what the hell is wrong with that?

i think you should post pictures of the said areas so we can accurately assess the 'problem'

pm me your digits innit, we can work out together

ReputationRep:
    I have the same problem - BMI is under 19 but I still have more muscle on my thighs than most girls! I really don't like it but I think there's little that can be done - squats etc. just add bulk. You can't help where your body loses weight, though continued dieting would eventually take inches off the thighs. Swimming apparently takes some of the pressure off legs.

I really don't like it either- my thighs are really chunky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7777777)
    maybe run instead of cycle. You'll loose muscle with endurance if thats what you wish to do..

I dont see what the above poster means "lose some of the fat" cos you said its muscle!

She said her legs weren't lean which means their fatty.

Though if thats not what you mean I would agree with the above, do some upper body work to balance it out. Maybe squat/deadlift to get your core (just be careful not to work your legs too hard with them), bench and/or military press to sort out your chest/shoulders/tricep?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mipegg)
    She said her legs weren't lean which means their fatty.

Though if thats not what you mean I would agree with the above, do some upper body work to balance it out. Maybe squat/deadlift to get your core (just be careful not to work your legs too hard with them), bench and/or military press to sort out your chest/shoulders/tricep?

i do squats on weights days...squats,lunges,side lifts back lifts...etc...
    so i don't know....what else can i do..?..:erm:
    lol...i didn't mean they're fat...:p: they're just big...lots of muscle....

do you think i should add ankle weights?..when i do squats and stuff...sometimes i do use ankle weights..but very light ones...should i increase the weight or will that only make them more bulky?..

ReputationRep:

well i can't run for sometime now....i hurt my back...(stupid fall...down a flight of stairs)...so i found running put a lot of pressure on the lower back are...more then cycling...so running is out.. .... maybe it's just my build( genius!) :sigh: ...just wanted to know if there was anything new i could try i guess...

ReputationRep:
    well i can't run for sometime now....i hurt my back...(stupid fall...down a flight of stairs)...so i found running put a lot of pressure on the lower back are...more then cycling...so running is out.. .... maybe it's just my build( genius!) :sigh: ...just wanted to know if there was anything new i could try i guess...
    Yeh I was just trying to help you with what you had said you wanted.

Its probably just your natural shape and you shouldn't want to change it anyway :p:

ankle weights would make your legs very lean but you'd think it would have the tendancy to build muscle a bit also

try increasing your squatting and lunges

ReputationRep:
    i do squats on weights days...squats,lunges,side lifts back lifts...etc...
    so i don't know....what else can i do..?..:erm:
    lol...i didn't mean they're fat...:p: they're just big...lots of muscle....

do you think i should add ankle weights?..when i do squats and stuff...sometimes i do use ankle weights..but very light ones...should i increase the weight or will that only make them more bulky?..

Hm, pic would help things but Im sure that your legs look hot! Whats an ankle weight?

Dont you do any deadlifts?

ReputationRep:
    do you think i should add ankle weights?..when i do squats and stuff...?..
    wtfbbq

ReputationRep:
    ankle weights..runners wear them, it strips your legs of fat but it will also define them i imagine ( not that i've used one myself)

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I was just trying to help you with what you had said you wanted.

Its probably just your natural shape and you shouldn't want to change it anyway :p:

ankle weights would make your legs very lean but you'd think it would have the tendancy to build muscle a bit also

try increasing your squatting and lunges
    lol thank you for your help..=)...
    so i should give ankle weights a go then?..half a kg to start?..atm i do two sets each of 18...for squats and lunges and everything...so i i'll go to 25 i guess ..

ReputationRep:
    but your feet don't move...

ReputationRep:
    I was confused, i thought you meant ankle weights for some sort of cardio exercise, you wouldn't use them to do weights with! if your doing lungues and ssquatting you need to use a dumbbells/barbells

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mipegg)
    Hm, pic would help things but Im sure that your legs look hot! Whats an ankle weight?

Dont you do any deadlifts?

yea...weights that you wrap around your ankles...adds resistance ...use them rarely..maybe should be more regular with them. ..

ReputationRep:
    I was confused, i thought you meant ankle weights for some sort of cardio exercise, you wouldn't use them to do weights with! if your doing lungues and ssquatting you need to use a dumbbells/barbells
    oh no-no...these are like bands that you arap around your ankle(when doing back leg lifts and side leg lifts etc)..i usually don' use them because they seem...erm..risky...that's why i asked..:p:...i do use dumbbells when i squat and lunge...not always...but i do use them

ReputationRep:
    ankle weights..runners wear them, it strips your legs of fat but it will also define them i imagine ( not that i've used one myself)
    You shouldn't use ankle weights for running. It messes up how you run and puts more strain on your joints. If you want to add resistance whilst running, wear a weighted vest or run uphill.

Ankle weights for squats would be pointless, as you don't lift your feet off the ground. If you want to add resistance to squats, use either a dumbbell or barbell.
    http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...s/BBSquat.html

http://www.davedraper.com/site%20ima...blet-squat.jpg

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.