Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I have a scar just under a centimetre in thickness on my side, a few centimetres in length. It's about 2 years old.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience in getting tattooed over one - do artists advise against it? Is it more / less painful? Does it look crap once it's healed?

ReputationRep:
    I've not had one but have had a look into it before. Results seem (to me) to be a bit hit and miss and I think it mainly depends on depth/rise of the scarring.

Just under a centimetre sounds quite thick to me though...you'd have to goto a tattooist. Might be an idea to checkout the BME website aswell, they'll have a better idea.

ReputationRep:
    It can be done, should be fine with a small scar but depends like how deep it is ect. I know it makes it alot harder for the tattooist to do a good job but if you find a decent one it should look just as good as a tattoo on normal skin.

ReputationRep:
    You'll have to ask the tattooist, as there can be problems with the ink spreading or just not taking properly.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.