Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The biggest "offender" being Ralph Loren Polo.

How many of you wear items of clothing explicitly associated with a given sport or activity that you have never taken part in - whether actively or a spectator.

Are you a Polo wearer who's never been to a polo session?
    Are you a "Yachting Crew" wearer who's never been on a boat?
    Are you a Man U shirt wearer who's never seen Man U play live?

Who's confessing first?

ReputationRep:
    An Everlast T-shirt when I don't actually box :shy2: . (Excluding hitting a punch bag in the garage)

ReputationRep:
    For the most part I don't know or care what sports people play, so I'd never know whether or not their clothes matched their hobbies! I don't wear any sportswear at all so I don't.

ReputationRep:
    Offender? Errr, what? How could any of that be an offense? What about people in foreign countries? Oh, so they can't wear a Man U shirt (without being an "offender") because they've never had a realistic opportunity to go see them play? What if they just want to wear one because they just want to wear one?

Edit: stuff like "yachting crew", ok, maybe. But not the rest. I mean most people these days don't even associate polo shirts with polo anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Damnit, now Ive got to throw away my England cricket practice top. Ah well, the massive adidas on the back was annoying anyway.

ReputationRep:
    "Offender" in the sense that the fashion police might come after you

ReputationRep:
    Right, ok, that makes more sense.

As in, at least people who have some kind of connection with the sport have an alibi for wearing such horrible things. :P

ReputationRep:
    People because each sport has it's desirable connotations.

Polo- wealth, upper class
    Boxing- tough-guy, ability to defend yourself
    Surfing/ skating - rebel cool.

It shouldn't be that way but generally it is. What is fashion if not a way to communicate something about yourself without telling them. aha

And yeah i do it. I wouldn't hold it against some one for doing it either, no more than i'd hold it against a punk to have a mohecan or dying it pink

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince Rhyus)
    The biggest "offender" being Ralph Loren Polo.

How many of you wear items of clothing explicitly associated with a given sport or activity that you have never taken part in - whether actively or a spectator.

Are you a Polo wearer who's never been to a polo session?
    Are you a "Yachting Crew" wearer who's never been on a boat?
    Are you a Man U shirt wearer who's never seen Man U play live?

Who's confessing first?
    Polo Ralph Lauren isn't exclusivley for polo players, why would they sponsor wimbledon and golf championships if that was the case?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2009
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.