Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Incredibly low CS:S Frame rate. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *BCM*)
    the above autoconfig is mostly good - however turning interpolate on will mean that sometimes you shoot at their head and they won't die because of the interpolation - also from my personal experience turning it on decreases the fps?? :confused: - so on my old PC i had cl_interpolate "0" and then you don't need to bother with cl_interp
    dno whenever i try and put 0 it always get overwritten by the server to like 0.1 or something. i just copy pasted that from some forums

(Original post by DevilsJackass)
    dno whenever i try and put 0 it always get overwritten by the server to like 0.1 or something. i just copy pasted that from some forums
    hmmmm well i made a autoexec file in the same folder as the cfg and this apparently makes it execute automatically in addition to the normal cfg when i launched the game, then pasted the commands i wanted into there - you can also force it to launch maually from console after you join a server :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IGX_RSV2)
    I'm not trying to be funny or anything, but when I see one piece of info that I don't really want to see, I skip the rest.

Anyways, your laptop doesn't look like its going to run Cs: s at an acceptable rate. In fact I have a laptop similar to your specs(if not better), and it can barely run unreal tournament 2k3.. let alone HL2.

Your laptop is general purpose use only, and the fact its a dell, there's no hope.
    Christ, i thought i was bad. He asked me if i read it so i said no and went and read it.

You were asked if you had read it, you hadn't, then go and say something else without reading it again.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *BCM*)
    hmmmm well i made a autoexec file in the same folder as the cfg and this apparently makes it execute automatically in addition to the normal cfg when i launched the game, then pasted the commands i wanted into there - you can also force it to launch maually from console after you join a server :rolleyes:
    yea when i type in console in game it never works lol dno could jsut be my dodgy comp. anyway i thought cl_interp was server side so would it really affect fps?

(Original post by DevilsJackass)
    yea when i type in console in game it never works lol dno could jsut be my dodgy comp. anyway i thought cl_interp was server side so would it really affect fps?
    ermmmm well if you force cl_interpolate to zero, the cl_interp doesn't matter because it is a subfunction of the former - on the old PC i always had it at zero so i dunno how cl_interp actually works because i knew i didn't need to bother with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    Christ, i thought i was bad. He asked me if i read it so i said no and went and read it.

You were asked if you had read it, you hadn't, then go and say something else without reading it again.....
    Yup because I don't need to.

I read what he wanted it for, I read what his specs are, and thats all you need to know, really.

ReputationRep:
    Yup because I don't need to.

I read what he wanted it for, I read what his specs are, and thats all you need to know, really.
    yes which shows how much of a retard you are because he played HL2 at 30 fps

ReputationRep:
    yes which shows how much of a retard you are because he played HL2 at 30 fps
    So what? Maybe Counter Strike Source is more demanding than Hl2? Ever think of that Sherlock?

ReputationRep:
    So what? Maybe Counter Strike Source is more demanding than Hl2? Ever think of that Sherlock?
    better), and it can barely run unreal tournament 2k3.. let alone HL2.
    (Original post by You Failed)
    Since CS: S runs on the Half Life 2 engine I did a system check using the System Requirements Lab to see if my laptop can run the game, I knew that it could as I've played HL:2 before
    it ran it perfectly fine (30fps not great but it's definitely playable (and that's on medium specs)). Why say something which is clearly wrong? I see you also negged me?

ReputationRep:
    upgrade to vista and get Dx 10

ReputationRep:
    it ran it perfectly fine (30fps not great but it's definitely playable (and that's on medium specs)). Why say something which is clearly wrong? I see you also negged me?

Ohh biggy, nice picture of yourself.

Who said I negged you? You're not worth wasting rep on tbh.

Clearly wrong? What are you an IT professional or something? I doubt it; you're just a silly kid.

ReputationRep:
    Counter Strike: Source runs on the exact same engine as HL:2, if you read my post you would know that. It uses the same textures, the same engine to render the textures, the same models, the same everything.

It's a pretty well known fact to be honest, so yeah, he can say you're clearly wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Clearly wrong? What are you an IT professional or something? I doubt it; you're just a silly kid.
    No i'm not an IT professional but i have the decency to carry on reading something when i've made a mistake and not talk out of my arse. If you read his post, you would not have said his laptop couldn't handle HL2 when it clearly could. CSS runs on the same engine as HL2 so why would it be more demanding? and even if it was - would it be that much more demanding? no it wouldn't. You're the silly kid for not reading it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ny2ko)
    upgrade to vista and get Dx 10
    vista is ***** with games. and dx9 is better with games. sounds stupid, but it works

ReputationRep:
    No i'm not an IT professional but i have the decency to carry on reading something when i've made a mistake and not talk out of my arse. If you read his post, you would not have said his laptop couldn't handle HL2 when it clearly could. CSS runs on the same engine as HL2 so why would it be more demanding? and even if it was - would it be that much more demanding? no it wouldn't. You're the silly kid for not reading it
    1) I never said his laptop could not run Hl2, If you read the post carefully, you would know that.

2) Half life 2: Requires only DirectX 6 , Counter strike: Source requires DirectX 7 at least. Counter strike: source is therefore more demanding. Yes, he meets the minimum reqs but they tend to be pretty inaccurate any ways.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    1) I never said his laptop could not run Hl2, If you read the post carefully, you would know that.

2) Half life 2: Requires only DirectX 6 , Counter strike: Source requires DirectX 7 at least. Counter strike: source is therefore more demanding. Yes, he meets the minimum reqs but they tend to be pretty inaccurate any ways.

it can barely run unreal tournament 2k3.. let alone HL2.
    well if that's not implying it can't run it then i don't know what is

If it is more demanding as you say, it's not going to be drastically different which it is.....

EDIT: HL2 is dx 7 as well.......

ReputationRep:

CS: S is not more demanding though, no offense but when you clearly don't know about something you shouldn't keep argueing about it.

They run on exactly the same engine, the only way one could be more demanding is if it is a very, very large CS map and if there is a large number of players on it. No one is denying this will cause a drop in FPS but the drop should not be anywhere near as dramatic as anything I am experiencing even on the smaller maps with few players.

ReputationRep:
    CS: S is not more demanding though, no offense but when you clearly don't know about something you shouldn't keep argueing about it.

They run on exactly the same engine, the only way one could be more demanding is if it is a very, very large CS map and if there is a large number of players on it. No one is denying this will cause a drop in FPS but the drop should not be anywhere near as dramatic as anything I am experiencing even on the smaller maps with few players.
    CS: Source is more demanding, why do you think Valve would recommend higher specs? It requires a higher level of software support (Directx), therefore it's more demanding.

I'm sorry if you can't handle it, but that's how it is. You're pretty lucky that you've even managed to run Half life 2 on that damn excuse of a laptop.

ReputationRep:

yes it is though as you have more people to render more decals etc grenades, smokes IMO

ReputationRep:
    Damnit there are too many people I want to neg in this thread. Who the hell do I pick?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.