Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Im just wondering all the people that have applied to oxford/Cambridge are you all the A* Gcse crew and A's in like 5 a levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nafisa)
    Hi
    Im just wondering all the people that have applied to oxford/Cambridge are you all the A* Gcse crew and A's in like 5 a levels

Nope. I am in a funny position. I kinda awoke during A/S's...my gcses were not very good, in fact a couple of months before the june exams i was moved into the foundation gp for maths and the sciences. Anyways, i got 5A's for my A/S, then carried on with with 4 Alevels. Went to La Sorbonne got 73% first yr examinations. When phoning up tutors and discussing my applications they were rather amused by the turn around to say the least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nafisa)
    Hi
    Most will have quite a few A*s but not all. A few will be doing five A2s (excluding General Studies) but most will be doing three or four, and yes they will most probably be predicted straight As.

Why do you ask?

ReputationRep:
    why what grades did you get? Im applying to Emmanuel to read modern languages and although i got A*s in my languages and 10 As at GCSE I didnt do brilliantly at AS (2As, 3Bs,1C) but still have an interview.Im only doing 3A levels and an AS now.What other unis are you applying to? so basically although you should be predicted just about all As not everyone gets them!

ReputationRep:
    Im just wondering out of pure interest...i havent applied oxbridge but i was just wondering....

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.