Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ok, cheers for clearing that up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Worrying to think though if you have sex 100 times you will on average be pregnant once.
    For my pill, it's 99% effective, from a study where 100 couples used it for 2 years, and only one got pregnant. It's based off studies. And it's the number of people, not the number of times you have sex. Otherwise having sex once a week, from that EVERYONE would get pregnant in a year, which obviously isn't so. You really don't need to worry that much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    yep. most of the time. it's better than nothing
    mind you, my brother was born an accident
    Bulletproof argument winner there. Oh I can imagine your sibling rivalrys were much more hurtful than most....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Tube-tying is 99.9%.
    or the snip :rolleyes: haha

ReputationRep:
    If you're worried, just go on the pill and use condoms concurrently. Can't really get safer than that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nessiehibs)
    In before death, taxes and hibs not winning the scottish cup.
    Since 1902....

ReputationRep:
    I always wondered what the 99% effective stat meant. Sounds good enough to me.

ReputationRep:
    Wow. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Do any of you personally worry about pregnancy when using 99% effective contraception?

ReputationRep:
    Hell yes. You can't help worrying about your life ending but you just have to accept it's one of those minor possibilities and try and move on.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.