Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hello,

My girlfriend is Polish and I have noticed that when it comes to her arms she doesn't seem to wax them as there are thin black hairs on her arms that are noticeable if you are close to her.

I would much prefer if there wasn't any hairs there at all but it doesn't put me off completely.

Would it be a really bad idea to mention this to her?

ReputationRep:
    If it doesn't put you off , why do you need to mention it to her ?. Is the hair on her arm stopping you from loving her , no it's not. So therefore it's irrelevant , and besides it's her choice if she doesn't want to wax her arm hairs.

ReputationRep:
    I'm with MV on this - I don't see the problem. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Dont be such a tool, it's only hair.

ReputationRep:
    It's not good to wax or shave your arms - it's common knowledge. It makes the skin dry and in most cases peels. I have a friend who did this and developed eczema which she never had suffered from prior. Aren't there more important things in life? lol.

ReputationRep:
    Burn the hair while she sleeps. If she wakes just state it was spontaneous combustion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    If it doesn't put you off , why do you need to mention it to her ?. Is the hair on her arm stopping you from loving her , no it's not. So therefore it's irrelevant , and besides it's her choice if she doesn't want to wax her arm hairs.
    LOLLL

ReputationRep:
    Everyone has arm hair, and most girls don't wax it unless it's very noticible, I don't see why it's really an issue.
    Do you have arm hair?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BossManSingh)
    Burn the hair while she sleeps. If she wakes just state it was spontaneous combustion.
    haha.

Its only hair ffs. Jeez, you have it all over your body. Its people like you which cause women to go to stupid length's to get artifical beauty.

What crazy ****** would wax their arm hair off, jeeeeeezusss!

ReputationRep:
    Seriously? Do you know how painful it is to wax. I have to do it, because when I was a silly teenager I felt pressured by all society's stupid expectations of women, I used to shave my very thin hairs off. Now they grow back so thick (a result of the shaving), I'd wax even if I were a man.

ReputationRep:
    Incase you haven't noticed, she's a mammal.
    Mammals have those. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe a compromise guys?
    Dying it blond?

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I have noticed that when it comes to your face you don't seem to have a particularly nice one as there are features on your face that are far too noticeably vile if you are close enough.

I would much prefer if there wasn't any features there at all but it doesn't put me off completely, as I can always place a bag over your head.

Would it be a really bad idea to mention this to the OP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Maybe a compromise guys?
    Dying it blond?
    Why would she want to put invasive dye on her skin?

ReputationRep:
    That is her, you cant expect her to change how or what she is, she is still the same person inside, a little hair does not change who she is.

She may be uncomfortable with it herself at times, you bringing attention to it, someone that is suppost to be accepting of her in any shape and form may hit her hard.

ReputationRep:
    If this is your only complaint about your relationship then you should count yourself lucky.

There are really more important things to worry about.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    What the ****?

Maybe you should date a fish, if mammals don't do it for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hello,

My girlfriend is Polish and I have noticed that when it comes to her arms she doesn't seem to wax them as there are thin black hairs on her arms that are noticeable if you are close to her.

I would much prefer if there wasn't any hairs there at all but it doesn't put me off completely.

Would it be a really bad idea to mention this to her?
    I know no-one who waxes their arms. I wouldn't mention it as you will only make her self conscious of it. Hair on arms isn't that much of a deal. Everyone has it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la fille danse)
    What the ****?

Maybe you should date a fish, if mammals don't do it for you.
    Or this.
    Yes.
    Completely.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.