Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Graduated! Now what do I put after my name? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'd hope that the design and look of your business card tells enough about your abilities. If the thing looks really good, you'll have loads of chances to get interviews even without the "Bsc", if it looks bad you won't get an interview anywhere even with the Bsc; in fact, people are gonna roll their eyes and laugh at you in that case.

ReputationRep:
    MBBS sounds so much sexier.

ReputationRep:
    Was just reading this post and thought those who think they can speak for the rest of society are not as clever as they make out. When they say the majority of society will not see passing a degree as a major thing in life, they are wrong in my opinion. Maybe all there stuck up families and stuck up friends with loads of academic abilities and a few thousand pounds spare in the bank every month would think that passing a degree isn't much of an accomplishment.

For many of us it is a hard struggle trying to balence jobs to help your families at the same time as getting a degree. Personally I do have a degree and im proud of it. The majority of my friends don't have a degree but I dnt think any less of there achievements.

The world could definatly do without people like you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghanglish)
    I put my letters after my name on my email signature, which includes address and phone numbers. I know nobody cares but it makes me feel good. In some instances of course I'll delete it.
    I wouldn't if you're hoping to avoid being labelled a ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma21emma)
    The world could definatly do without people like you.
    It was mainly about not showing off and sticking your qualifications down peoples throats.

Quady MChem (hons), LGCI, TOGAF

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing wrong with showing you have reached a certain level in your education.

What goes after your name when you have a postgrad?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    There is nothing wrong with showing you have reached a certain level in your education.

What goes after your name when you have a postgrad?
    Well, a MSc would be in the same regard as a BSc, in that you don't put anything. People only really bother when they've a PhD, in which case it'd be Dr XXX or XXX PhD (University).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smtn)
    I wouldn't if you're hoping to avoid being labelled a ****
    Yeah I got the message when I first posted that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hardstyleGuru)
    I work as a freelance web designer, therefore I'm hoping that showing that I have a degree will further reassure my potential clients how hardworking I am!
    I think potential clients would care more about your web design skills than anything else, so the most important thing they'd want to see is your portfolio of work. Maybe you could put a link to your website on your business card, and the website could include your portfolio as well as mentioning your academic qualifications?

ReputationRep:
    Try DCKFCE?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    Try DCKFCE?
    :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Bet your life; these plebs who say 'it makes no difference and you will be laughed at', have very little education, and are just a bit jealous.

Regards

Toni-leigh BSc hons

ReputationRep:
    Use the letters whilst they still fit on a business card

Tenofthem
    B.Sc. (Hons.)
    P.G.C.E.
    NPQH
    MBA

ReputationRep:
    Bsc av hons ( average honours)
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Thread locked - please don't bump old threads

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.