Turn on thread page Beta

Should I go to my sisters bfs house?! watch

ReputationRep:
    Well my sisters boyfriend's parents have invited me and my parents up for a 'quiet drink' and last week I told my parents I wasn't going, mainly because I don't wanna spend more time with my sister's bf than I have to as he is ALWAYS in our house and it does my head in, I don't know his parents at all, and his brother who is also my 'ex' and the relationshipp was really awkward (although it was over 3 years ago and we are friends since).
    I really don't wanna go but apparently they are expecting me there and it would seem a bit rude not to, even though I said last week I wasn't going they still thought I was! Dunno if I should go or not. Not like I've got anything better to do but I really dont wanna sit drinking horrible wine or something and feeling like an idiot, a 17 year old doing that while all her friends are out having fun!

ReputationRep:
    If you don't want to go; don't. There's no point in feeling awkward and perhaps ruining it for other people if you don't feel comfortable. Just say you don't feel too well or you have plans.

ReputationRep:
    Say you have other plans.
    I expect most people would be more than accepting of the fact that a 17 year old would have plans of their own, so I dont think (unless they are a little strange) it would be interpreted as being rude.
    No sense in putting yourself in a position where you feel awkward.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, the post title looks really bad lol.
    It would be good to see them a bit as my sisters going on holiday with them for two weeks and I literally have only met them through car windows but I can just imagine it being really awkward me sitting in their kitchen with a glass in my hand and the parents chatting and my sister and her bf all over each other and their other son with his mates or something and I dont wanna hang round with them lol!

ReputationRep:
    Just pop by, stay for a little bit and then be off saying you have other plans.
    If anything think of the free food & drink you'd get. xD

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.