Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When do applications for Big 4 and other accounting firms open for Summer Internships Watch

ReputationRep:
    I tried searching the dates online but not luck Please could someone tell me when the application dates for each of the big 4 firms open? I want to crack on as soon as possible. thanks xx
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    End of July time usually. There were certainly people starting to have interviews while I was still interning last summer.

edit: you mean internships not grad positions duh. I don't think its that much later tbh, I filled in all mine over the summers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    End of July time usually. There were certainly people starting to have interviews while I was still interning last summer.

edit: you mean internships not grad positions duh. I don't think its that much later tbh, I filled in all mine over the summers.
    Where did you intern mate? I started my application on Deloitte but I am stuck on the positions of responsibility section. I am the social secretary of badminton society and volunteered to teach english in india in my gap year. I cant think of anything else. Do you think I will get away with that? I think I should be ok with work exp because im doing a 8 week summer internship at a mid tier accounting firm, and did a 2 week spring internship at an asian bank in the city. Please do advise. I am worried about responsibility section as deloitte say we need a minimum of 2 or 3 positions like president of society etc which i dont have
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    KPMG - I didn't apply to Deloitte. They only really want to know about the skills you got from doing those things, so providing you can highlight those, then that sort of experience should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    KPMG - I didn't apply to Deloitte. They only really want to know about the skills you got from doing those things, so providing you can highlight those, then that sort of experience should be fine.
    Thanks. I posted my CV in the helpers forum so hopefully I will get some feedback from that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.