Turn on thread page Beta

Need some advice asap :( watch

Announcements

So tomorrow morning, I am meant to be going to visit my best friend in Bournemouth who I NEVER see as she lives so far away (I live near Liverpool).

I have been excited about seeing her for ages, as has she. My coach ticket cost me 50 quid.

But this morning, I got sent home from work as I was sick and passed out. Now I have major flu symptoms and I can't stop crying, I feel that crappy.

I have told my friend how I'm feeling and she totally understands if I can't make it tomorrow, although I know she is probably a bit disappointed like I am.

I haven't said I'm definitely not going, but it's nearly time for me to make a decision so I was thinking what you guys think I should do?

My friend said we can rearrange for another date in a few weeks, I just feel horrible because she has booked days off work especially. My mum doesn't make matters better - she just had a massive go at me and basically doesn't believe that I am ill, even though I look an absolute state. I just thought it's a bit far to go for me to feel this ill? The coach journey is 9 hours with no stops :/

Some advice would be great, I'd really appreciate it
    Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    I'd wait a few weeks , and see how you're feeling then. It's not like the end of the world , personally I'd wait the two weeks to see her , because I wouldn't want to give her my flu.

ReputationRep:
    I live near Bournemouth, it's a cracking place. Sleep on it? The coach journey itself might make you feel a little better. But yeah if not rearrange it like the person above me suggested.

ReputationRep:
    Spread your flu to the rest of the coach. Nice one

In all seriousness, if it is flu you will feel really rough and a visit to your friend might not be as enjoyable as imagined. Wait and then have a blast!

Do you lose your £50 ?

ReputationRep:
    9hours with no stopss whhoaaaaa u must be nuts!!

ReputationRep:
    See how you feel in the morning... in the meanwhile, dope yourself up with decongestant etc...

That's what i'd do anyway.

ReputationRep:
    See how you feel in the morning, get a good nights sleep, if you are still ill i would put it back awhile, life isnt the best at times is it, things like this come up at the worse times.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2009
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.