The Student Room Group

Need some advice asap :(

So tomorrow morning, I am meant to be going to visit my best friend in Bournemouth who I NEVER see as she lives so far away (I live near Liverpool).

I have been excited about seeing her for ages, as has she. My coach ticket cost me 50 quid.

But this morning, I got sent home from work as I was sick and passed out. Now I have major flu symptoms and I can't stop crying, I feel that crappy.

I have told my friend how I'm feeling and she totally understands if I can't make it tomorrow, although I know she is probably a bit disappointed like I am.

I haven't said I'm definitely not going, but it's nearly time for me to make a decision so I was thinking what you guys think I should do?

My friend said we can rearrange for another date in a few weeks, I just feel horrible because she has booked days off work especially. My mum doesn't make matters better - she just had a massive go at me and basically doesn't believe that I am ill, even though I look an absolute state. I just thought it's a bit far to go for me to feel this ill? The coach journey is 9 hours with no stops :/

Some advice would be great, I'd really appreciate it
Thanks x
I'd wait a few weeks , and see how you're feeling then. It's not like the end of the world , personally I'd wait the two weeks to see her , because I wouldn't want to give her my flu.
Reply 2
I live near Bournemouth, it's a cracking place. Sleep on it? The coach journey itself might make you feel a little better. But yeah if not rearrange it like the person above me suggested.
Reply 3
Spread your flu to the rest of the coach. Nice one :wink:

In all seriousness, if it is flu you will feel really rough and a visit to your friend might not be as enjoyable as imagined. Wait and then have a blast!

Do you lose your £50 ?
Reply 4
9hours with no stopss whhoaaaaa u must be nuts!!
Reply 5
See how you feel in the morning... in the meanwhile, dope yourself up with decongestant etc...

That's what i'd do anyway.
See how you feel in the morning, get a good nights sleep, if you are still ill i would put it back awhile, life isnt the best at times is it, things like this come up at the worse times.

Latest

Trending

Trending