32.39%
    Sometimes
    21.59%

ReputationRep:
    no, i like STDs

ReputationRep:
    Yes, we use condoms and the pill.

ReputationRep:
    always use condoms despite me being on the pill, just can't afford to get pregnant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva2)
    Why don't you want to? Is it really that inconvenient?
    2) Kills the mood
    1) You're a girl and a virgin, so it's understandable that you don't know, but you can barely feel anything through a condom... almost defeats the point
    4) There are other kinds of contraception
    616) It's a relationship so STDs (or STIs or w/e the british term is) aren't really an issue... get checked, if you're both clean no worries

3) Girls my age usually insist since blah even though they're like all on the pill =/ lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    No, I'd much rather contract an STI.
    Enjoy the AIDS then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BumperBo)
    2) Kills the mood
    1) You're a girl and a virgin, so it's understandable that you don't know, but you can barely feel anything through a condom... almost defeats the point
    4) There are other kinds of contraception
    616) It's a relationship so STDs (or STIs or w/e the british term is) aren't really an issue... get checked, if you're both clean no worries

3) Girls my age usually insist since blah even though they're like all on the pill =/ lol
    the pill still isnt as reliable as the condom though. With the condom, only one thing can go wrong: either it breaks, or it doesn't. With the pill, on the other hand, you can never be sure, it often doesn't work as well as it should.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva2)
    the pill still isnt as reliable as the condom though. With the condom, only one thing can go wrong: either it breaks, or it doesn't. With the pill, on the other hand, you can never be sure, it often doesn't work as well as it should.
    Well I go to an american school so the sex ed is innately biased and wrong, but there should be SOME truth in it... and it said the pill had a 99.9% success rate

what can go wrong with it? i don't know a ton about it lol

ReputationRep:
    Only if I've messed up my pill. We've both been tested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BumperBo)
    Well I go to an american school so the sex ed is innately biased and wrong, but there should be SOME truth in it... and it said the pill had a 99.9% success rate

what can go wrong with it? i don't know a ton about it lol
    well, the pill´s function is basically to stop the embrion from sticking to the walls of the uterus thus causing pregnancy, but this doesn´t always work, it can go wrong if the chemical from the pill isn´t strong enough.
    The condom, on the other hand, prevents semen from entering in the first place (as im sure you already know), so there really is no risk unless the condom breaks, which it shouldn´t do if it is properly used.
    The decision is yours though. Personally I would use both.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Eva2)
    Lol.... what?

The pill is FAR more reliable than a condom. This is an indisputable fact, supported by statistics.

(Original post by Eva2)
    well, the pill´s function is basically to stop the embrion from sticking to the walls of the uterus thus causing pregnancy
    Do some research before you start spouting rubbish please.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+does+the+co...tive+pill+work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsgoquack)
    like 99%

so if you have sex 100 times (e.g. twice a week for a year) you'll get pregnant once
    I thought it was something one couple in a hundred will get pregnant within 2 years?

Ok they only say that in statisical form to encourage users and to stop people sueing them if someone did get pregnant. I am aware that people do get pregnant on it but half the time they have taken it incorrectly anyway, the amount of scripts we get at work for both levonelle (morning after pill) and then the combined pill/mini pill at the same time is very high (I've seen at least 10 in my last 2 shifts)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsgoquack)
    like 99%

so if you have sex 100 times (e.g. twice a week for a year) you'll get pregnant once
    Never understood the 99% thing. It says things like "if you take 100 couples having sex in a year, chances are 1 will get pregnant." However, it never specifies the amount of sex. I mean, are these couples having sex every month or every hour?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChunkymunkyDJC)
    Crisp packets are cheaper, and make funny noises to amuse you too. Two birds, one stone.
    :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la fille danse)
    Lol.... what?

The pill is FAR more reliable than a condom. This is an indisputable fact, supported by statistics.

Do some research before you start spouting rubbish please.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+does+the+co...tive+pill+work
    Excuse me, I fail to see why you automatically dismiss my opinion as "rubbish". You´re not in a position to do that. I didn´t invent that information, you know.

no i dont use condoms, i have the contraceptive injection
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Eva2)
    Excuse me, I fail to see why you automatically dismiss my opinion as "rubbish". You´re not in a position to do that. I didn´t invent that information, you know.
    It's false information. Whether you 'invented' it or not, it's still false. Your opinion is completely irrelevant here. How a medication works is not a matter of 'opinion'.

ReputationRep:
    I will to start with, but after 6 months once we've been tested for anything, the johnnies go out the window if she's on the pill or other contraceptive method.

When single and out with women, rubbers are a must. I'm not taking any chances tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Yes - I'm on the pill, but we've only been together for a bit over a month and not been tested, so it's condoms at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I've been with my boyfriend for about a year now. Went from condoms to just pill to just injection and now I've got the implant fitted

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.