• View Poll Results: condoms ?
    Yes
    46.02%
    No/never
    32.39%
    Sometimes
    21.59%

ReputationRep:
    I do, but then again that's just what I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva2)
    I'm never going to have sex anyway. Nobody wants me!
    After reading your profile I am not really surprised. I got about a sentence in before I became bored with your feminist *****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadigmShift)
    I do, but then again that's just what I think.
    Quote me in the future, will you?

Sorry but I don't think things will change with age. Not for me, anyway. Maybe for you it will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lachlan)
    After reading your profile I am not really surprised. I got about a sentence in before I became bored with your feminist *****.
    Don't read it then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva2)
    Don't read it then
    Well I was wondering why such a potentially charming young lady would say such a thing. Then I saw the answer. Feminism = very off-putting and annoying to most guys. Almost as bad as hippies in my book.

ReputationRep:
    Well I was wondering why such a potentially charming young lady would say such a thing. Then I saw the answer. Feminism = very off-putting and annoying to most guys. Almost as bad as hippies in my book.
    May I ask why you regard feminism as such a negative aspect in a girl? Why is it off-putting for a man if a woman wants to be equal? Should we just remain subordinate so we can attract the opposite sex? I don't think so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva2)
    May I ask why you regard feminism as such a negative aspect in a girl? Why is it off-putting for a man if a woman wants to be equal? Should we just remain subordinate so we can attract the opposite sex? I don't think so.
    I don't think it's the actual idea behind feminism that is unattractive to many men, it's more the things that come along with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadigmShift)
    I don't think it's the actual idea behind feminism that is unattractive to many men, it's more the things that come along with it.
    Such as what?

ReputationRep:
    Thank god I know many more open-minded people than you.

I use condoms. Was on the pill for a year (and yes, sex is better without condoms) but it was a HORRIBLE experience - have thought about trying a different pill but I'm currently not that keen on the idea. And I'll be in an LDR next year so there's not much point. Maybe after that I'll give a different type of pill a try but my boyfriend says it's entirely up to me and he doesn't mind so I'm in no rush

Guys who say, "GOD no, never would as they're rubbish, but my girlfriend is on the pill," what would you do if she decided she didn't want to be on the pill anymore?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva2)
    Such as what?
    You don't seem like a free-spirited, easy-going person. You're the kind of person that will always have an agenda.

That's my experience with most feminists.

ReputationRep:
    Always. :yy:

Still amazing...the raw intimacy of it all = :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strung Up)
    You don't seem like a free-spirited, easy-going person. You're the kind of person that will always have an agenda.

That's my experience with most feminists.
    You can't just judge me like that, you don't even know who I am!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva2)
    I actually like your directness. But your brand of feminism is devoid of any intellectual merit. People do not tire of your opinions per say, but your pessimistic attitude and approach generally, and your unwillingness to listen to others.

For example: "I don't think I'm wrong. 'Special something' and "more fish in the water" are just stupid clichés that give men and women false hopes that one day they might get to encounter their 'true love'. I'm realistic, not depressing. It's just the way I think."

Emotion is derived from the self, and the Other (the 'special someone') merely counterpoints and triggers qualities within the person themselves. I am, like yourself, quite abrasive. If I find a woman who is strong-minded then she is attractive to me; not because I like her intrinsic qualities but because she allows me to use mine, and vice versa. So there are people more suited to particular people, and circumstance dictates a lot.

You are not in a relationship not because no one likes you but because you do not like others. I assume you fear being hurt especially since that would undermine your intellectual opinions, and the overt feminism is merely a front. For example: why are you so strongly opinionated on birth control when you have yet to lose your virginity (correct me if I am wrong; my memory may fail me)? It would seem unqualified and redundant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evantej)
    I actually like your directness. But your brand of feminism is devoid of any intellectual merit. People do not tire of your opinions per say, but your pessimistic attitude and approach generally, and your unwillingness to listen to others.

For example: "I don't think I'm wrong. 'Special something' and "more fish in the water" are just stupid clichés that give men and women false hopes that one day they might get to encounter their 'true love'. I'm realistic, not depressing. It's just the way I think."

Emotion is derived from the self, and the Other (the 'special someone') merely counterpoints and triggers qualities within the person themselves. I am, like yourself, quite abrasive. If I find a woman who is strong-minded then she is attractive to me; not because I like her intrinsic qualities but because she allows me to use mine, and vice versa. So there are people more suited to particular people, and circumstance dictates a lot.

You are not in a relationship not because no one likes you but because you do not like others. I assume you fear being hurt especially since that would undermine your intellectual opinions, and the overt feminism is merely a front. For example: why are you so strongly opinionated on birth control when you have yet to lose your virginity (correct me if I am wrong; my memory may fail me)? It would seem unqualified and redundant.

Sentence in bold: WHAT???
    You seem to be under the impression that I am misfortunate in not wanting a relationship. But you're wrong, it also has it's advantages. That fact, on it's own, does not make me antisocial or mean that I don't like others.
    Also, I see nothing wrong with having an opinion on birth control despite being a virgin. I have done sexual health stuff in class and happen to know a lot about it.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    no

ReputationRep:
    Lulz
    does that even MEAN anything, or did you just post that for the hell of it?

ReputationRep:
    I should've been but failed twice so far; once 'cause things were getting too heated and both of us didnt have. The second time we were too ****** on mdma to remember. Big mistake and god bless the ECP's. I'm moving to the UK soon and heard that contraceptives are completely free :eek:, which makes getting an implant absolutely worthwhile. You can just get it at the GP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva2)
    Sentence in bold: WHAT???
    You seem to be under the impression that I am misfortunate in not wanting a relationship. But you're wrong, it also has it's advantages. That fact, on it's own, does not make me antisocial or mean that I don't like others.
    Also, I see nothing wrong with having an opinion on birth control despite being a virgin. I have done sexual health stuff in class and happen to know a lot about it.
    The fact you did not understand the sentence suggests you should not be so strongly opinionated, especially since you take psychology.

I did not call you anti-social, mean or suggest that you were unfortunate in not wanting a relationship. I actually complemented you. But you are incredibly self-concious, which manifests itself as overt self-defensiveness. You dislike listening to others because you believe they are immature and often wrong, which is fine when your opinions are coherent, intelligent and fair. But as my initial paragraph shows - your defensiveness hits a brick wall when you come against someone who knows more than you, but you will never admit this.

Examples:

"You can't just judge me like that, you don't even know who I am!"

"You are pretty clueless as to what feminism is all about. Quote me again when you find out more and become a bit more tolerant. Otherwise, don't bother, you prick."

"Don't read it then"

ReputationRep:
    Without a girlfriend it'd be a pretty big waste of money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evantej)
    The fact you did not understand the sentence suggests you should not be so strongly opinionated, especially since you take psychology.

I did not call you anti-social, mean or suggest that you were unfortunate in not wanting a relationship. I actually complemented you. But you are incredibly self-concious, which manifests itself as overt self-defensiveness. You dislike listening to others because you believe they are immature and often wrong, which is fine when your opinions are coherent, intelligent and fair. But as my initial paragraph shows - your defensiveness hits a brick wall when you come against someone who knows more than you, but you will never admit this.

Examples:

"You can't just judge me like that, you don't even know who I am!"

"You are pretty clueless as to what feminism is all about. Quote me again when you find out more and become a bit more tolerant. Otherwise, don't bother, you prick."

"Don't read it then"

If you actually read the posts I was quoting you would understand why I said those things, but you clearly didn't.

My first quote refers to someone who says im not spirit free and that i have an agenda. they cant know that if they dont know me personally.

my second quote refers to some prick that doesn't understand what i was talking about and is in denial of what feminsim actually means.

my third quote refers to someone who insulted my profile, so logically I told them not to read it.

See how it all makes sense??

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.