Turn on thread page Beta

Please Explain English Fashion! watch

ReputationRep:
    Clearly, I am not from England.

From what i've seen in the movies, english people always seem to dress formally. fact or fad?

Also, can someone please tell me what goes well in what season (clothing as well as footwear). I will be there this sept to next year aug.

Also, in terms of hairstyles, whats the in thing.

Thankyou!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper

There you go.

ReputationRep:
    You only need to know the name of two shops.

Topshop and Primark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)
    You only need to know the name of two shops.

Topshop and Primark.
    Even tho people don't admit to it, a lot of them shop at Primark :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Topshop.com or Topman.com
    RiverIsland.com
    Summer - flip flops
    Winter - Shoes/Trainers
    Nights out - Always leather shoes/shirts/jeans

ReputationRep:
    Haha. Ya heard of them enough already. But what I really need to know is.... till what month can i wear my half sleeve t-shirts, then when to the coats come in. And oh footwear, do people wear flip-flops cause they're supposed to be really casual...and is it too cold to wear them? what type of footwear do girls wear?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katieloula)
    Topshop.com or Topman.com
    RiverIsland.com
    Summer - flip flops
    Winter - Shoes/Trainers
    Nights out - Always leather shoes/shirts/jeans
    Oops did i forget to mention, im a girl.

so winter - shoes are what kinds? boots? or pumps? or...?

ReputationRep:
    This is the kind of style you want to be going for if you wish to fit in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PumpKin123)
    Oops did i forget to mention, im a girl.

so winter - shoes are what kinds? boots? or pumps? or...?
    Winter - trend is uggs but loads of people hate em, just lil flat ankle boots, pumps, whatever

For nights out wear dresses (can be quite short) or a vest and skirt, or shorts, or a t shrt and jeans! Whatever really, but heels heels heels!

ReputationRep:
    Mr. A your sense of humor is far from Awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Flip flops only really work at the height of summer, and t-shirts to the end of August/mid Sept if you're lucky. It ain't a warm place...
    But yeah, I would add H&M to the list of places to shop.

ReputationRep:
    Another IMPORTANT question. When are the sales/discounts on? Any chance i'll catch one in sept.?

ReputationRep:
    Another IMPORTANT question. When are the sales/discounts on? Any chance i'll catch one in sept.?
    The topshop and H&M near me just had their sale for their summer stock. I think that there are sales at the end of the christmas period, but im not too sure about sales in september.

ReputationRep:
    asos.com have a massive sale on right now - buy online?

ReputationRep:
    When its the coldest, how many layers of clothing do u wear?
    sorry about the stupid questions. But i just cant figure how much of what to carry.

ReputationRep:
    When its the coldest, how many layers of clothing do u wear?
    sorry about the stupid questions. But i just cant figure how much of what to carry.
    I might wear a t shirt with a coat on top, or a tee with a cardi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katieloula)
    asos.com have a massive sale on right now - buy online?
    OMG!!!! I just checked it out. Its awesome!! The stuff is great and the prices even better! But i doubt they'll deliver to inida. But i will try to make some arrangements. *fingers crossed*

ReputationRep:
    OMG!!!! I just checked it out. Its awesome!! The stuff is great and the prices even better! But i doubt they'll deliver to inida. But i will try to make some arrangements. *fingers crossed*
    Yeah im obsessed with it! Gd luck!

ReputationRep:
    What about converse? do ppl wear that?

ReputationRep:
    Haha. Ya heard of them enough already. But what I really need to know is.... till what month can i wear my half sleeve t-shirts, then when to the coats come in. And oh footwear, do people wear flip-flops cause they're supposed to be really casual...and is it too cold to wear them? what type of footwear do girls wear?
    Jesus, just follow the James May school of Fashion and wear what you feel comfortable in. Youll feel when if gets too cold for flip flops and short sleeve T shirsts, its not some sort of regimented formal wear here. There are a wide range of fashons and styles here, just go with what you like.

What about converse? do ppl wear that?
    Yes. Yes they do.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.