Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please Explain English Fashion! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PumpKin123)
    When its the coldest, how many layers of clothing do u wear?
    sorry about the stupid questions. But i just cant figure how much of what to carry.
    When it's really cold, i'll probably wear a top, a cardigan and a leather jacket or duffle coat type thing. With a big scarf and gloves.

Tbh though, i wear a top, cardigan and leather jacket almost all year round - just minus the gloves etc.

You should be alright with a good coat and a jumper.

ReputationRep:
    Which country are you from?

ReputationRep:
    There is no 'English fashion'. Everyone just shops in Primark or imitates the US. You get chavs who shop in JD Sports and TSR people who are wannabe preppies but lack the paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    Which country are you from?
    INDIA

ReputationRep:
    Buy a British Vogue.

ReputationRep:
    INDIA
    Just wear a saari :borat:

On a more serious note, meet a South Asian girl and she'd explain what to wear. Although people are pretty open so I don't think anyone would mind what you wear.

ReputationRep:

Is how we dress :woo:

ReputationRep:
    You'll know when to wear a jacket and not just a t-shirt and when it's too cold for flip-flops. But if you just put on a pair of Converse Hi-tops you can wear those all year round.

ReputationRep:
    people are naked on the streets

ReputationRep:
    http://shesoghetto.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/chav.jpg

ReputationRep:
    From what i've seen in the movies, english people always seem to dress formally. fact or fad?
    Sadly, that's almost entirely disappeared.

Compared to the rest of Europe, British people are pretty badly dressed in the main. In your average city centre, there will be plenty of people, perhaps most, who look scruffy. We're no different to the Americans now.

ReputationRep:
    Where are you going in England? I've found that when I've spent Christmas up on the coast in Norfolk, it's so so so so much colder than down where I live in Kent. If you're going up North East, especially anyway coastal, get some jumpers for the love of god!
    Also, New Look always seems to have a sale on whatever the season, and is quite good for getting your everyday tshirts or some really warm hoodies which are great for when it's starts to get chilly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)

Compared to the rest of Europe, British people are pretty badly dressed in the main. In your average city centre, there will be plenty of people, perhaps most, who look scruffy. We're no different to the Americans now.
    I've never been to England but the stuff that you see on the sites (republic, next, topman, asos, fred perry, etc.) is much much different than the **** people wear in the Americas.

Speaking of such ****, do you have Abercrombie/Hollister shops?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Personally I despite TopShop; I don't think it's worth the price at all :no:

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DAFOne)
    I've never been to England but the stuff that you see on the sites (republic, next, topman, asos, fred perry, etc.) is much much different than the **** people wear in the Americas.

:facepalm: You idiot. Abercrombie and Hollsiter is north american junk.
    The good stuff over here is the likes of Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Jones New York, Tommy Hilfiger et cetera.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KirstyK)
    :facepalm: You idiot. Abercrombie and Hollsiter is north american junk.
    The good stuff over here is the likes of Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Jones New York, Tommy Hilfiger et cetera.
    I see irony must be spoken to be understood...

ReputationRep:
    Haha. Ya heard of them enough already. But what I really need to know is.... till what month can i wear my half sleeve t-shirts, then when to the coats come in. And oh footwear, do people wear flip-flops cause they're supposed to be really casual...and is it too cold to wear them? what type of footwear do girls wear?
    Keds, like lace up shoes in black/white/grey. And pumps, the dolly-shoe kind they go with everything, the keds are good for all year round and cold weather/rain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DAFOne)

Ummm no, only vaguely heard of them. That's cowboy gear right? :p:

H&M, Topshop, New Look, River Island, Urban Outfitters and Miss Selfridge are the high street shops. Personally, I hate Primark :rolleyes:, ugly, bad-fitting clothes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la fille danse)

There you go.
    HAHA

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.