Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    wow.

I WAS YOUNG AND STUPID WHEN I WROTE THIS THREAD>

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she just doesn't know what to say, it doesn't necessarily mean she doesn't care. Your life's worth much more than a gesture to prove a point..Find someone else to talk to that'll let you vent and give you feedback, a good friend that you can confide in?

ReputationRep:
    Picturing the image of you in hospital with your mum standing over the bed, saying 'oooh you got me, you rly were for serious!'.

Try understanding it from another perspective, not everyone reacts with 'omg come here my babeeeee *hugs*'.

ReputationRep:
    some people find it very hard to express their emotions or be around people who are, I, for one tend to do that aswell with a relative

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it upsets her that you feel like this, and doesn't know what to say to you. She probably cares, but maybe it upsets her

ReputationRep:
    Suicide is a bit of a crazy way to "teach someone a lesson", don't you think?

ReputationRep:
    hmm...what can you say though, if your daughter tells you she wants to kill herself?? Not much you can say really apart from the cliche; 'nooooooooooooooo'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingston_x)
    Just now I was telling her how crap I feel, how sad I am, how my self esteem is actually non-existent and how I don't see the point in living (I never told her before that I wish I'd die). I told her how I hated myself, I was crying.

And she just walked away. She shut the door on me and walked away - like she always does if I ever try to tell her how I feel. I could have killed myself by now, and she'd never even realise (or care?). I even contemplate suicide just to show her that I am serious, just to teach her a lesson.
    Stupid girl.

Stop being melodramatic, if you are depressed then get help from somewhere you can rely on (i.e. doctors) - don't just look for attention.

ReputationRep:
    Just now I was telling her how crap I feel, how sad I am, how my self esteem is actually non-existent and how I don't see the point in living (I never told her before that I wish I'd die). I told her how I hated myself, I was crying.

And she just walked away. She shut the door on me and walked away - like she always does if I ever try to tell her how I feel. I could have killed myself by now, and she'd never even realise (or care?). I even contemplate suicide just to show her that I am serious, just to teach her a lesson.
    She either:

-Used to feel like that herself and doesn't want to go through the pain again
    -Thinks you're being pathetic and melodramatic
    -Has other stuff on her mind
    -Doesn't love you (this one is unlikely)

ReputationRep:

The suicide contemplation is a bit far...

But other than that I know how you feel, my mum does exactly the same to me and will just walk away. I just find other people to talk to about it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.