12.35%
    Shoot myself in the head
    4.94%
    Shoot myself in the foot
    4.94%
    Do nothing
    3.70%

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit presumptuous to say he's a cripple...what if he's a cannibal that got really hungry?

ReputationRep:
    the shards of glass must have some relevance surely?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddie_90)
    the shards of glass must have some relevance surely?
    They are a metaphor for the protagonist's shattered life. This story has layers, man.

Also [to the tune of 'I shot the sheriff']: I'd shoot the cripple but I would not shoot Mr. V

ReputationRep:
    I said shoot the doors. Stab the cripple with the glass so he is bleeding/looks punctured. Then shoot the doors.

Or ask the black guy if he can pick the door, if he says no... shoot him for lying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jhukranti)
    Boom. I wake up in a red satin chair with no memory of what's going on. Don't even know my name. In front of me's a one-way window to two separated rooms.

Room 1: There's the seated Mr. O, who's clearly some sort of cripple from the way he gnaws on his left hand and stares blankly at the ceiling in an unbecoming stupor. I notice there are a few shards of glass near the side of the room.

Room 2: I see black-as-night Mr. V frantically pounding at my one-way mirror as he runs around his room in an understandable panic, all the while yelling in some foreign tongue.

TV in my room turns on, I see Mr. Terrorist. He tells me I have a week's supply of food and a pistol with three bullets on the side table. The scene flashes to someone he claims is my lover, Mrs. Girlfriend, bound and gagged with a rifle to her chest.

Here's a diagram:

He tells me I've got to decide which room to go through, and once I shoot the person inside, I can get past the room. I've got a week to decide or this lady gets it and I'm left to rot. I frantically look around for any other door or opening in my own room -- there's nothing! Only way to get out is through the doors in either of the rooms up ahead. He says there are men on the other sides of the doors who will open it up once they hear the gunshots and see the dead man on the tiny video cameras hidden in the rooms. What do I do?

POLL ABOVE!! By the way, hope that wasn't too long or seemed too juvenile...hopefully this story can go on. Tried to keep it simple.
    Maybe this choose-your-own-adventure thing will work out!! Feel free to post any other options you can think of that aren't in the poll so we can come to the best option (for the next part if any). Maybe you can tell I'm a bit bored lol
    Go into Mr. V's room, shoot yourself in the foot and hope that when the guards come in, they will think that the other guy shot you and will take you to the hospital. Once they have taken you outside, shoot them and try escape? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffin.)
    Go into Mr. V's room, shoot yourself in the foot and hope that when the guards come in, they will think that the other guy shot you and will take you to the hospital. Once they have taken you outside, shoot them and try escape? :dontknow:
    I like the idea of terrorists taking their hostages to a hospital,

is there a new wave of politeness amongst extremists?

ReputationRep:
    This sounds like it could be the start of a Saw movie.

ReputationRep:
    I wanna play a game...

ReputationRep:
    Use shards of glass and food to render the cameras useless, shoot into the air in crippled guy's room, wait in silence for the locked door to open, use remaining bullets and glass to kill men outside, and escape, knowing that my girlfriend would escape herself because she is like a ninja.

ReputationRep:
    Go into the room with Mr.O, and jump out of the window that the shards of glass surely came from

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lrilol)
    I said shoot the doors. Stab the cripple with the glass so he is bleeding/looks punctured. Then shoot the doors.

Or ask the black guy if he can pick the door, if he says no... shoot him for lying.
    Remember, there are only 3 bullets. There is no guarantee that the door will open. Even if they do open, you have no idea how many guards there are outside.

decisions, decisions...

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, I dunno, I dunno!

I hope there's an answer to this at the end. :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _lynx_)
    Remember, there are only 3 bullets. There is no guarantee that the door will open. Even if they do open, you have no idea how many guards there are outside.

decisions, decisions...
    You could use teeth as extra bullets, by cutting them out with the shards :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Star*)
    You could use teeth as extra bullets, by cutting them out with the shards :yes:
    Dammit, why am I so narrow-minded?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddie_90)
    I like the idea of terrorists taking their hostages to a hospital,

is there a new wave of politeness amongst extremists?
    Lol I didn't say it was a good idea :redface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Star*)
    Go into the room with Mr.O, and jump out of the window that the shards of glass surely came from
    LOL I can't believe I didn't think of that!

ReputationRep:
    The poll results! :shock:

TSRians like shooting cripples in the head.

You either kill yourself or wake up from some manic dream you had!

Come on! This will NEVER happen.

Btw, you mentioned there was no ceiling. Jump over it? :rolleyes:

Or dig a hole with the gun into the ground.

Umm, use the shards to kill Mr Cripple?

Kill Mr Terrorist?

Kill everyone!

:lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffin.)
    LOL I can't believe I didn't think of that!
    I've erm been in the same situation before, obviously (but with only two bullets)

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, everything is dark!!! But I still have a week to decide before my food supply runs out. It gets kinda lonely in here tho...if I wasn't talking to you guys on this laptop I'd surely go in and have a convo with either O or V :coma:

And come on now imsoacademic...this is my life (and my supposed lover's life) we're talking abt here!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.