Shoot myself in the head
    4.94%
    Shoot myself in the foot
    4.94%
    Do nothing
    3.70%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Star*)
    You could use teeth as extra bullets, by cutting them out with the shards :yes:
    Do your teeth contain gunpowder?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddie_90)
    It's a bit presumptuous to say he's a cripple...what if he's a cannibal that got really hungry?
    that's what i'm scared of

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sron)
    Do your teeth contain gunpowder?
    No, but they haven't been brushed in a long while, and plaque has the same effect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Star*)
    No, but they haven't been brushed in a long while, and plaque has the same effect.
    i'd rather shoot myself in the foot than have to go through the pain of brushing my teeth daily

(Original post by Tombola)
    You'd probably end up dying and indirectly killing your girlfriend though.
    I wouldn't be killing her, indirectly or otherwise, the ******* with the gun pointed at her would. As for myself, well, who am I to say that my life is worth more than anyone else? I'd hardly be an unbiased judge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by numb3rb0y)
    I wouldn't shoot either of them. I'm not an MD or a psychologist so I'd have no way of knowing whether Mr. O is sentient or not, and necessity isn't a moral defence to murder in my opinion.
    Exactly, I'd shoot the door then, if I could open it, shoot the guards.

ReputationRep:
    Where's the option of shooting the black guy and the cripple? The terrorists might let you join them for being bad-ass.

ReputationRep:
    is there a way to kill both the black and the cripple?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenopus)
    Where's the option of shooting the black guy and the cripple? The terrorists might let you join them for being bad-ass.
    lol keep in mind you can suggest your own options too...we'll see what happens with the prevailing option and decide what to do from there.

i probably should have included an "OTHER" option on the poll. oh well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jhukranti)
    Boom. I wake up in a red satin chair with no memory of what's going on. Don't even know my name. In front of me's a one-way window to two separated rooms.

Room 1: There's the seated Mr. O, who's clearly some sort of cripple from the way he gnaws on his left hand and stares blankly at the ceiling in an unbecoming stupor. I notice there are a few shards of glass near the side of the room.

Room 2: I see black-as-night Mr. V frantically pounding at my one-way mirror as he runs around his room in an understandable panic, all the while yelling in some foreign tongue.

TV in my room turns on, I see Mr. Terrorist. He tells me I have a week's supply of food and a pistol with three bullets on the side table. The scene flashes to someone he claims is my lover, Mrs. Girlfriend, bound and gagged with a rifle to her chest.

Here's a diagram:

He tells me I've got to decide which room to go through, and once I shoot the person inside, I can get past the room. I've got a week to decide or this lady gets it and I'm left to rot. I frantically look around for any other door or opening in my own room -- there's nothing! Only way to get out is through the doors in either of the rooms up ahead. He says there are men on the other sides of the doors who will open it up once they hear the gunshots and see the dead man on the tiny video cameras hidden in the rooms. What do I do?

POLL ABOVE!! By the way, hope that wasn't too long or seemed too juvenile...hopefully this story can go on. Tried to keep it simple.
    Maybe this choose-your-own-adventure thing will work out!! Feel free to post any other options you can think of that aren't in the poll so we can come to the best option (for the next part if any). Maybe you can tell I'm a bit bored lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cool guy reli)
    well who knows the bullets could look like metal but really be made out of fried dough? or no, that's just wishful thinkin'

ReputationRep:
    shoot the cripple Mr.O

the way you describe him(staring up in a stupor) suggests he is barely aware of the world around him let alone in a frame of mind to think for himself, he has all but lost sentience and has no realistic quality of life in my opinion. Thus killing him would end his suffering in my opinion.

After that I would hope the terrorists would honour the deal and let me and girlfriend go, although If there were only three terrorists I might shoot them all. This assumes I used a large shard of glass to kill Mr.O and not waste a bullet on him.

Before this though I would go last as long as I could on the food and water as rescue may be on the way or it may be some freaky psychological test!:eek:

ReputationRep:
    well who knows the bullets could look like metal but really be made out of fried dough? or no, that's just wishful thinkin'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    Before this though I would go last as long as I could on the food and water as rescue may be on the way or it may be some freaky psychological test!:eek:
    I really hope so buddy...either way I'm prob going to wait it out the whole week before I do anything. Hopefully those two have food as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cool guy reli)
    lmao!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meagz)
    Where is the cake?
    THE CAKE IS A LIE

ReputationRep:
    I really hope so buddy...either way I'm prob going to wait it out the whole week before I do anything. Hopefully those two have food as well.
    oh yeah...doesn't mention that they do.... also I doubt Mr.O would even be able to carry out the thought process to get any food, sounds like he can't move(shaking) or think logically.

Another option would be to go Mr. V's room and try and communicate with him, basically "try and smash the door open".

I'd have to cover the cameras though..:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Kill whoever would be the most fun to kill, obviously.

(Original post by Clements-)
    Kill whoever would be the most fun to kill, obviously.
    Cripple hater :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    Cripple hater :shifty:
    The cripple would present no challenge and would thus be boring.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.