Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Which one is usually quickest when ordering under normal delivery (not express), Play.com or Amazon?

ReputationRep:
    If you go for first class delivery from Amazon, then Amazon will be quicker.
    Play.com ship from Jersey, so it takes a couple of days longer than standard first class post.
    If you go for Amazon's free super saver delivery, delivery times are roughly the same from my experience. Though I have in the past had 'super saver' items arrive the next day!

ReputationRep:
    I'd say play myself.

Although amazons super saver 5 day delivery always comes in two days for me. So If I order Monday I get it Wednesday

Most of the time their equal in taking 2 days or if your lucky and you order early in the day you sometimes get your order from play the next day, I haven't had that with amazons free delivery even if I ordered in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    If you're preordering from Play.com they normally ship it out a little earlier than other sites so you can often get it earlier. But other than that Amazon is the best.

ReputationRep:
    Play.

ReputationRep:
    Id say play, amazon sometimes doesn't have it in stock so takes longer.

ReputationRep:
    I've used both, and for me they've both taken just a couple of days.

ReputationRep:
    I pre-ordered company of heroes on play and it came 3 days before the release date!

ReputationRep:
    I've used both a great deal and both usually take two days (orders arrive around 48 hours afterwards) when using the free delivery service.

I have so, so many Amazon cardboard boxes waiting to be recycled!
    (But the good thing is that books aren't ever damaged in transit)

Using independent sellers on either site is usually slower.

Play send out things days before the release date so for new shizzle I always use them.

ReputationRep:
    Play wins every single time. And it's freeeeee!

ReputationRep:
    Amazon is the best if you pay. Play's delivery and Amazon's 'Super Saver' usually take three days.

I'm willing to wait three days for something to arrive because shopping on the web saves so much money.

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, Play. Amazon seem to take forever whenever I've ordered anything from them, plus Play is free delivery whatever the price. For Amazon, I believe, its products £5 or over.

ReputationRep:
    In my experience, Amazon.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't tried Amazon for delivery, but normally Play takes at least 3 days to deliver (as all items are sent from Jersey)

ReputationRep:
    Amazon.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    They've always been about the same for me, although on Amazon you can pay for a quicker delivery, but Play's delivery is free.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say play.com

ReputationRep:
    For me Amazon is the quickest. It is not unusual for me to order something first class on a Saturday night that gets dispatched on Sunday and then even arrive on Monday. Although usually it arrives on Tuesday. Whereas with Play, they seem to take longer to dispatch the item and then it takes about two-three days to arrive.

ReputationRep:
    Many times play.com has always been faster for me compared to Amazon.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.