Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do I make my arms grow? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey everybody
    I'm really confused about my arms, my upper arms are really thin, i tried eating more protein, but they're still thin. However, my legs are pretty big, because I used to cycle a lot.
    But what could I do to make my arms slightly bigger?
    BTW, im 175cm, 65kg and haven't gained any weight in a whole year, despite weight training for some time.
    Here's a pic:

ReputationRep:
    Most weight training doesnt get your arms surely? I mean, on SS the only thing I do thats really arm related is bench press and even that is more chest than tricep...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkWarrior)
    Hey everybody
    I'm really confused about my arms, my upper arms are really thin, i tried eating more protein, but they're still thin. However, my legs are pretty big, because I used to cycle a lot.
    BTW, im 175cm, 65kg and haven't gained any weight in a whole year, despite weight training for some time.
    Here's a pic:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    You get your arms to grow by getting your whole body to grow. Skwats, deadlifts, rows, presses, chin/pull ups, parallel bar dips.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mipegg)
    Most weight training doesnt get your arms surely? I mean, on SS the only thing I do thats really arm related is bench press and even that is more chest than tricep...
    Bench, deadlift, row, press, chins, cleans all hit your arms in some way and are part of SS. "Most" is completely objective. I could reel off twenty variations of curls and nothing else. Your arms are part of most exercises.

ReputationRep:
    In after squatting for biceps.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everybody
    Here's a pic:
    There's your problem. If you're 65kg and are training, and are not gaining weight you're not eating enough.

ReputationRep:
    sacrifice a goat to the muscle gods.

ReputationRep:
    Your obviously not training properly and eating enough then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    Bench, deadlift, row, press, chins, cleans all hit your arms in some way and are part of SS. "Most" is completely objective. I could reel off twenty variations of curls and nothing else. Your arms are part of most exercises.
    Fair enough, Im still on the standard squat/dead/bench, squat/dead/press SS rather than any of the more advanced versions
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Well keep doing it for as long as it works and eat enough food and you'll grow.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, everyone knows you squat for arms, bicep curl for legs, and deadlift for your kegels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7777777)
    Your obviously not training properly and eating enough then
    I eat more than an average person, I snack a lot other than meals, but I do skip breakfast though

ReputationRep:
    I eat more than an average person, I snack a lot other than meals, but I do skip breakfast though
    Well there you go! Apparently if your trying to put on weight breakfast should be your biggest meal, your not meant to snack you should be having large meals, and if your not hungry your not doing enough weights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    Does your code work for that too?

ReputationRep:
    cut your training to twice a week, deadlift on Mon (and back ) and bench on Thurs (and chest) keep getting stronger on each and eat more carbs. Try this for about 8 weeks, you should be able to add about 20kg to deadlift and 10kg to bench press looking at your pics.

Just my advice anyway worked for me

ReputationRep:
    oh and when you stop progressing on the bench press after 8 weeks give decline a try, you should be able to lift roughly 10 % more on there and you'll get used to lifting heavier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Does your code work for that too?
    Nah, but it might help you cultivate some new jokes, you could definitely use them.

ReputationRep:
    you can't be eating that much if you're that weight at that height.

nothing in the gym is gonig to work if you don't eat enough jeez man

ReputationRep:
    simple, you're not eating enough, you're not training hard enough.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.