Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where to look for girls other than nightclubs or dating sites? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnbergqvist)
    and besides, even before i had the beard + the unibrow, all the girls said i looked like a freak.
    Probably because you're boss-eyed. Unless you're willing to start grooming yourself and undergo some form of vision-correction, you can abandon this as a lost cause.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicola.123)
    I tend to leave that for the blokes to decide... ;o)
    Come on, you're either hot or you're not!

So. Are you hot? :music:

:top:

ReputationRep:
    OMG I've missed youu!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wombat678)
    I WOULD NEG YOU BUT I HAVE TO WAIT COS I DID IT YESTERDAY!! DONT BELITTLE PEOPLE YOU ARROGANT C**T!!
    i understand his point op isnt trying hes like lol im a loser i got no friends but i wamt a girlfriend but i look like sabertooth
    he needs to fix up seriously

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bludclotzz)
    oh shut up, you just called him a weird dude
    That's true though. He IS making an effort, look how many threads he's made on very similar topics! Anyway, I don't see why it would 'piss you off', people can find certain things very difficult.

ReputationRep:
    theyre on teamspeak so i talk/listen on there, and its annoying cos i cant think of anything 2 say.
    Teamspeak? Just be like "YOOO, MY NAME'S JOHN!!! WHASUP HOMIES!?!"

The girls love it, honest. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    For you? Valhalla.
    lol op got nerd owned

ReputationRep:
    Could you try talking to people online to build up some confidence - you might find it easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sh4w)
    That's true though. He IS making an effort, look how many threads he's made on very similar topics! Anyway, I don't see why it would 'piss you off', people can find certain things very difficult.
    lol he's not making an effort at all, all his threads are the same, always whinin bout girls and drunks, and telling people he won't change his appearance and stuff, when he clearly needs a makeover

ReputationRep:
    Im 17 now, 18 in late august.
    are these "friends" into anything that involves going out of the house away from a computer screen?

i'd suggest a few things, but it doesn't sound like there's much hope..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djmarkmclachlan)
    Come on, you're either hot or you're not!

So. Are you hot? :music:

hahahahaaaa, well im better than susan boyle P

ReputationRep:
    what do you do with a virtual airline? start drinking it will help with talking to girls.

ReputationRep:
    Women generally hate beards.

ReputationRep:
    Why not just ditch the beard?
    Don't worry I'm not perving on your picture but if you say "all girls can't be that shallow" and it's something you can fix.. then ditch it
    I'm sure you are a lovely guy and sadly some girls ARE that shallow, small things could put them off looks wise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sh4w)
    He's not making any effort though is he? Making a thread asking for advice means nothing when you shoot down every piece of advice given. He's making excuses for everything, won't shave because "girls said I look like a freak anyway", won't go to a pub because it's "not his scene" etc.

OP if you're only going to put yourself down and not take any of the advice given on aboard, you're a lost cause. Don't ask for advice until you're actually willing to TRY and do something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    Shaving the beard would probably help tbh.
    yeah, shave the beard, your chancges of meeting a girl might increase!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah OP. Look on TSR. Chicks on here so want it.

ReputationRep:
    thats the point, theres no girls on there, so if i cant even talk with guys, how can i even attempt to talk with girls. Seriously, if a girl came up and talked to me, i would immediatly try and leave, cos im so **** at talking to people.
    I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about with teamspeak dude. I like doing outdoors stuff - I don't even have a TV.

Sucks to be you, feel for you, but the airline thing could work out if you were in the pub:

John: "Hello, I'm John, and I'm in a virtual airline club,"
    Girl: "Coool, I like airplanes."
    John: "Me too! I pretend to fly them and stuff (I'm assuming that's what you do btw)"
    Girl: "Maybe you could teach me some throttle control some time?"
    John: sexytime!

Or something like that - always worked for me saying I was studying rocket science and airplanes (though I wasn't lying... but still).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wenzel)
    He's not making any effort though is he? Making a thread asking for advice means nothing when you shoot down every piece of advice given. He's making excuses for everything, won't shave because "girls said I look like a freak anyway", won't go to a pub because it's "not his scene" etc.

OP if you're only going to put yourself down and not take any of the advice given on aboard, you're a lost cause. Don't ask for advice until you're actually willing to TRY and do something.
    Yeah that was supposed to be ironic. Seriously though, there's something more serious in this problem than having a beard and not going to pubs.

ReputationRep:
    I have a definitive list of things you should do:

1. Shave your beard
    2. Pluck your eyebrows
    3. Correct your vision
    4. Restyle your hair
    5. Change your dress sense (the whole baggy band tshirts and baggy jeans look that make you look slightly homeless is another girl hate unless they are similarly unkempt)
    6. Listen to advice given i.e. go to the pub and such. Stubbornness isn't necessarily an attractive trait

It's a shallow world I'm afraid pal.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.