Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where to look for girls other than nightclubs or dating sites? Watch

ReputationRep:
    try going to a college which doesnt sound like 'chode'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnbergqvist)
    Any ideas? its the summer hols now, so obvs looking round college isnt an option (and besides ive finished that now) im only asking cos i would like to do at least something with a girl before i turn 18 (august 22nd) :mad: and seriously, plz dont just say shave the beard, all girls cant be that bloody picky about a small bit of facial hair. At least its not a massive down-to-my-chest type of thing.
    Alot of people on this thread are being too harsh on you.I'd say don't worry about the beard,just be yourself.You need to get yourself out there pubs,gym,shopping etc. and just talk to girls and be yourself.Are you just really shy? Also are you going to uni in sepetember?If you are you're bound to meet a girl you get on with.Good luck...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djmarkmclachlan)
    I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about with teamspeak dude. I like doing outdoors stuff - I don't even have a TV.

Sucks to be you, feel for you, but the airline thing could work out if you were in the pub:

John: "Hello, I'm John, and I'm in a virtual airline club,"
    Girl: "Coool, I like airplanes."
    John: "Me too! I pretend to fly them and stuff (I'm assuming that's what you do btw)"
    Girl: "Maybe you could teach me some throttle control some time?"
    John: sexytime!

Or something like that - always worked for me saying I was studying rocket science and airplanes (though I wasn't lying... but still).

:top:
    :rofl2: You must be joking.

ReputationRep:
    whats a chode?
    IIRC, it's a penis whose width is greater than its length.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicola.123)
    hahahahaaaa, well im better than susan boyle P
    My dog's better looking (though she is gorgeous, but that's different) than Susan Boyle!

So, again, are you hot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    :rofl2: You must be joking.
    :cool: Depends which part; the studying rocket science thing was true.

ReputationRep:
    You might aswell try the local brothel, guaranteed women. They will even tolerate your beard for the right price

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djmarkmclachlan)
    My dog's better looking (though she is gorgeous, but that's different) than Susan Boyle!

So, again, are you hot?

look yourself you lazy bumder. Im not one for making comments on my own appearance.

xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicola.123)
    I tend to leave that for the blokes to decide... ;o)
    What a coincidence! I'm a bloke!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you're desperate, have you tried street corners?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupcakee)
    Why not just ditch the beard?
    Don't worry I'm not perving on your picture but if you say "all girls can't be that shallow" and it's something you can fix.. then ditch it
    I'm sure you are a lovely guy and sadly some girls ARE that shallow, small things could put them off looks wise.
    The problem is not so much that girls are especially 'shallow' but rather that, time being a limited commodity, when presented with several equally complete strangers (as in a nightclub or bar setting) one naturally gravitates towards those who are at least cosmetically attractive.

ReputationRep:
    Poetry clubs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    The problem is not so much that girls are especially 'shallow' but rather that, time being a limited commodity, when presented with several equally complete strangers (as in a nightclub or bar setting) one naturally gravitates towards those who are at least cosmetically attractive.
    Dude, where's the completely obscure words that no-one understands? I understood that full post... And my England is crap!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Meaning, this dude is unbearably repulsive? That isn't very nice, think of all the people in the world that get married, they don't have to be cosmetically attractive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bludclotzz)
    he is though, he never takes any advice, he rather look like a ******* caveman
    do you have an ounce of sensitivity/tact? seriously, stop being such a ****. he came on here to ask for help and not to be insulted.

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas? its the summer hols now, so obvs looking round college isnt an option (and besides ive finished that now) im only asking cos i would like to do at least something with a girl before i turn 18 (august 22nd) :mad: and seriously, plz dont just say shave the beard, all girls cant be that bloody picky about a small bit of facial hair. At least its not a massive down-to-my-chest type of thing.

This works quite well for me... usually they are around my house so...

http://static.pyzam.com/img/funnypic...talkerroof.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cool guy reli)

lol at that

ReputationRep:
    Why do you NEED to do something with a girl before your birthday? Dear Lord.

You need to start compromising at least a bit if you want to meet someone - you can't just sit here saying no to everything that we suggest. If you don't try, you won't get anywhere, will you?

Start volunteering, or go speed dating or something. But to be honest, you've asked this question so many times over the last few months, and ignored all our advice, I don't know what to suggest anymore.

ReputationRep:
    and besides, even before i had the beard + the unibrow, all the girls said i looked like a freak.
    If they say that. **** them. They're not worth it.

Yeah, you've got to maximise your appearance no questions about it. People are naturally shallow, but it's not the whole deal. So i'd trim the bierd- make it more like long stubble, like a rough around the edges sort of look but also personality matters too.

Don't get me wrong here i hardly am an expert or know everything there is to know about getting girls, but from what I've figuired out confidence for them is a bug turn on. Confidence, not arrogance. Confidence to be your most charming and funny self.

It took me quite a while to get comfortable enough to be like that. And my guess is that it will take you time to so just take it easy and put yourself out there. You'll take some knocks yeah, but with them you also learn so...

Also, i always find a wierd thing is that when your "unavailable" with a gf or w/e your somehow wierdly more attractive to girls. And the only reason i can think for this is that when you have a girlfriend your not outcome orientated- you are purely interested in the girl and befriending her and not overly trying to get with her all the time. So always think i'm more successful overall if you concentrate on just getting to know her and getting her to like you as a person and friend rather than going all out and trying to make her your partner straight away.

I dunno. That's just what I think and I hope it helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cool guy reli)

Hahahaha! That's rep worthy right there!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.