Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where to look for girls other than nightclubs or dating sites? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wombat678)
    do you have an ounce of sensitivity/tact? seriously, stop being such a ****. he came on here to ask for help and not to be insulted.
    lol look at the other million threads on "help", the guy just asks for it, but he actually doesn't give two *****, what the point of asking if you'e not gonna change yourself, he basically discredits everything given to him, and that gets on people tits

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bludclotzz)
    lol he's not making an effort at all, all his threads are the same, always whinin bout girls and drunks, and telling people he won't change his appearance and stuff, when he clearly needs a makeover
    Honestly, Did you learn this arrogance and insensitivity or were you just born a ****?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bludclotzz)
    lol look at the other million threads on "help", the guy just asks for it, but he actually doesn't give two *****, what the point of asking if you'e not gonna change yourself, he basically discredits everything given to him, and that gets on people tits
    As said in an earlier post, some people find certain things difficult, stop being so intolerant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnbergqvist)
    spped dating sounds like a good idea. Ill check it out.
    You should definitely go for it. Its quick and easy, no ties etc. PM me how it goes

ReputationRep:
    spped dating sounds like a good idea. Ill check it out.

woop you're getting somewhere!!

i hope it goes well...you should report back!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupcakee)
    Meaning, this dude is unbearably repulsive? That isn't very nice, think of all the people in the world that get married, they don't have to be cosmetically attractive.
    Mindful that there simply isn't time enough in the world to become intimately acquainted with every person you meet, and insofar as physical attraction undeniably is a factor: if you're the only male in the room who can't muster the wherewithal to shave or get a haircut, then you can virtually guarantee being picked last for the dance (if at all). Indeed, first-impressions are pivotal for precisely that reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Mindful that there simply isn't time enough in the world to become intimately acquainted with every person you meet, and insofar as physical attraction undeniably is a factor: if you're the only male in the room who can't muster the wherewithal to shave or get a haircut, then you can virtually guarantee being picked last for the dance (if at all). Indeed, first-impressions are pivotal for precisely that reason.
    Exactly yup. You need to be good looking to get the initial conversation in a club type scene. However, if you worked with someone you are forced to communicate and could love their personality

ReputationRep:
    well there isnt any where i live. Except for bristol which is an hours drive away from me and its 21+ only
    Back to square 1 again? You seem to be putting obstacles in your own way. try the tradtitional way then, go to a pub or something

ReputationRep:
    ugh ffs tTHE OP IS NOT OPEN TO CHANGE.

A) get vision correction
    B) become more hygenic bath & shower daily + wear deodrant/anti persperant
    C) GET RID OF THE FACIAL HAIR
    D) get a job. + better clothing

ReputationRep:
    well there isnt any where i live. Except for bristol which is an hours drive away from me
    Which means that if you embarrass yourself, you need never see any of those people again.

and its 21+ only
    Do they require proof of that?

ReputationRep:
    Hang around outside nightclubs until they come out very drunk and alone...

ReputationRep:
    Exactly yup. You need to be good looking to get the initial conversation in a club type scene. However, if you worked with someone you are forced to communicate and could love their personality
    Precisely; which is why a school situation should (theoretically) prove advantageous. However, given the O.P.'s lack of success in this setting, he may simply have to hold-out until university and join a society catering to 'niche' interests - such as computing, or videogames - in the hope of meeting like-minded females; because bars and nightclubs favour the cosmetically-appealing, and dating sites favour the silver-tongued - neither of which he is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Precisely; which is why a school situation should (theoretically) prove advantageous. However, given the O.P.'s lack of success in this setting, he may simply have to hold-out until university and join a society catering to 'niche' interests - such as computing, or videogames - in the hope of meeting like-minded females.
    Yes that is a good idea :yes:
    Or get a part time job if he has the time? I can't remember now what was said in the original post

ReputationRep:
    footie stadiums

ReputationRep:
    thing that strikes me about this is the title: where to LOOK for girls. As cheesy as this sounds, maybe if you stopped LOOKING you might find you have more luck. I had two years of meeting people who I dated for a while then they ended up really messing me round, making me lose more and more of the little confidence I had with each turn. And I kept thinking, I NEED to find a decent guy, and all the while I thought like that I never did, I might have found another one of these idiots but it always panned out the same way. And maybe it was because I was so busy looking that it was unnatural. Then at around christmas time I thought to myself, I really don't want to get into a big relationship and get all tied down before I go to uni, even though I was sure that had been what I wanted for the last couple of years, I thought I'll have this gap year for myself. And I genuinely believed this, and I think my attitude really did change. Because a month later, I met my boyfriend while I was busy having fun with my friends and my cousin, and he makes me happier than anyone else ever has

So yeah moral of the story is to maybe stop looking as such, then you might find yourself stumbling across what you're hoping for. If this is your main focus, it will be given off in your attitude and other people will detect it and may feel slightly deterred. I would say to you to really just let go a bit, get yourself out and live life totally for yourself, try anything you've ever thought about trying, find things that really make you happy. And when people see you as this happy, optimistic individual, you'll automatically become more sought after I should think!

Also, would just like to say please don't worry too much about all this i would at least like to do something with a girl before my 18th birthday. Honestly, after you have done these things, you would be more glad of the fact you did them with someone you cared about and who cared about you, rather than did them at a certain age. Regretting things like that really isn't nice. Good luck with everything

ReputationRep:
    tbh the thought of speed-dating and embarassing myself doing that actually scares me.
    Understandable. But, does it scare you more than the thought of being alone for the rest of your life?

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas? its the summer hols now, so obvs looking round college isnt an option (and besides ive finished that now) im only asking cos i would like to do at least something with a girl before i turn 18 (august 22nd) :mad: and seriously, plz dont just say shave the beard, all girls cant be that bloody picky about a small bit of facial hair. At least its not a massive down-to-my-chest type of thing.
    Get a ******* haircut, shave that beard of, and a pluck your eyebrows.

That's the only way you're going to get forward, trust me.

ReputationRep:
    The local mortuary.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly yup. You need to be good looking to get the initial conversation in a club type scene.
    I think it would be better to say "good looking to the person one is trying to attract".

I 've seen many average looking men attract women in clubs. You go on as if a Brad Pitt look is a prerequisite. Some may men aren't attractive to blondes. Does that mean you should never go to a club?

Your advise seems to be consistently flawed.

ReputationRep:
    tbh the thought of speed-dating and embarassing myself doing that actually scares me.

Forget speed dating. Thats for over 40's

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.