Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where to look for girls other than nightclubs or dating sites? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessnavi22)
    Hang around outside nightclubs until they come out very drunk and alone...
    She nailed it; if you're really having trouble...just be the creepy guy that stands outside clubs when they're closing and take out the stragglers. Eaaasssaaay. :woo: [I'd kinda consider this a last resort]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessnavi22)
    Hang around outside nightclubs until they come out very drunk and alone...
    raep time ? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yamcha)
    I think it would be better to say "good looking to the person one is trying to attract".

I 've seen many average looking men attract women in clubs. You go on as if a Brad Pitt look is a prerequisite. Some may men aren't attractive to blondes. Does that mean you should never go to a club?

Your advise seems to be consistently flawed.
    I don't understand this bit sorry, will reply once you clear that up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupcakee)
    He basically means everyone isn't attracted to everyone, but that doesn't mean someone won't be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleRed)
    So yeah moral of the story is to maybe stop looking as such, then you might find yourself stumbling across what you're hoping for. If this is your main focus, it will be given off in your attitude and other people will detect it and may feel slightly deterred. I would say to you to really just let go a bit, get yourself out and live life totally for yourself, try anything you've ever thought about trying, find things that really make you happy.

Thats pretty sound advise. If you do stuff that you enjoy, other will see that as confidence, and we all know how much women love that. The whole point is you have to get out in the real world (be careful of swine flu ). That is the only way you'll meet people. Even if you meet male friend, they in turn my introduce you to their FEMALE friends. Thats how it usually works.

Being a computer hermit is not the way; it will only get worst at Uni. Start the practise now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sh4w)
    He basically means everyone isn't attracted to everyone, but that doesn't mean someone won't be.
    Well of course not!
    That is why a club scene isn't the best place for meeting people. You are judging almost entirely on looks. If they aren't good looking IN YOUR EYES, you won't go for him. Now, some people will be thought of as attractive by many, others may not look physically attractive to barely anybody! In which case, personality is definately needed to express what they are like

ReputationRep:
    It amuses me that the OP just wants to do 'something with a girl' before he is 18.

I'm sorry, but I dont understand the rush with 'doing things', I was 18 before I had my first kiss, and 20 before I had my first relationship, in which nothing but kissing happened anyway!!!!

I am not particularly that bothered, I have accepted this, and I just wish people wouldn't rush into things.

OP: for sensible advice, keep the beard trimmed, and try to get out of your room more into mixed sex social situations. That should help!!

ReputationRep:

I prefer women with dark hair. So that means if I saw you in a club, you wouldn't catch my initial attention. That doesn't make you unattractive to go clubbing, that just means I'm not right for you.

You said one has to be good looking i.e. John is attractive enough to go club (not exactly helping the situtation might I add).

By your definition, you shouldn't go out because men with my taste would be into you. That wouldn't make sense would it?....No.

Thats what I meant by it. It was an analogy.

ReputationRep:
    INCREASE YOUR SOCIAL NETWORK

The more people you know ------> The more girls you know ----------> More dates you can get

Seriously though either focus more on self-improvement as awhole (because looking to get girls alone just makes gameless men more frustrated and desperate and less likely to "get some".) Read some self improvement books, increase your confidence and motivation, and try and become a more satisfied, virtuous person who everybody will love. It's not just a case of chatting up every girl you see because that will get you nowhere.

OR Wait until university, dude you really don't need to lose it before you're 18 we don't have any sort of social prdicate compelling us to do so. You don't need a girlfriend and sex is overrated. If you rate it too highly, when the time finally comes you may be severely disappointed.

One word of advice is get out there, and strut your stuff. Don't hide yourself in your house.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer women with dark hair. So that means if I saw you in a club, you wouldn't catch my initial attention. That doesn't make you unattractive to go clubbing, that just means I'm not right for you.

You said one has to be good looking i.e. John is attractive enough to go club (not exactly helping the situtation might I add).

By your definition, you shouldn't go out because men with my taste would be into you. That wouldn't make sense would it?....No.

Thats what I meant by it. It was an analogy.
    I see I see.
    Sadly I'm not old enough to go clubbing, you if you did spot me in a club something has gone wrong.

Right, I understand what you mean, but the OP has expressed that he does not feel 'attractive' and wants ways to meet girls other than at a club, it's in the title of the thread.

So, I assume he needs to sell his personality to attract a woman. MEANING, not a club. Don't really have a chance to chat in a nightclub.

In conclusion, I suggested he steer clear of shallow club situations and perhaps form relationship with someone he works with, they will get to know his personality regardless of whether they thought he was attractive as it is important to communicate at work.

Tadah!

ReputationRep:
    Now, some people will be thought of as attractive by many, others may not look physically attractive to barely anybody! In which case, personality is definitely needed to express what they are like

That is true, but looking at John. He doesn't appear to be fat or short or anything dramatic. I believe if he shaved his face and showed confidance he will get a girl. My friend has craters in his face like the guy of "Grease"

http://www.skinema.com/E15GreaseCrater1.gif

.....but he still gets women. Some good, some bad, but he still gets them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by co_co_vogue)
    No, they can be. I would get rid.

Maybe try the gym? Or something that you do, like if you go to a club or something.
    I've only seen one girl in the gym in the past year. I think its a place they avoid - or it could be just my gym ... 240lb eastern european strongman probably don't attract them as much as the 150lb curlers in wifebeaters.

If you can't sell your looks then try to sell your personality.

ReputationRep:
    I see I see.
    Sadly I'm not old enough to go clubbing, you if you did spot me in a club something has gone wrong.

Right, I understand what you mean, but the OP has expressed that he does not feel 'attractive' and wants ways to meet girls other than at a club, it's in the title of the thread.

So, I assume he needs to sell his personality to attract a woman. MEANING, not a club. Don't really have a chance to chat in a nightclub.

In conclusion, I suggested he steer clear of shallow club situations and perhaps form relationship with someone he works with, they will get to know his personality regardless of whether they thought he was attractive as it is important to communicate at work.

Tadah!

Well my quote to LittleRed already addressed the point to be more soical in everyday life. So it's neither here nor there.

ReputationRep:
    Smile!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnbergqvist)
    i have a paper round, which means i work alone. I did have a summer job last year with other ppl (they were in their early 20s) and they all thought i was wierd too (i overheard them talking about me)
    Well.. what can I say?

There will be more opportunities, more people.. give it a chance :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Well my quote to LittleRed already addressed the point to be more soical in everyday life. So it's neither here nor there.
    You have confused me, I am lost on what we are disagreeing about to be honest aha! My point is, express personality and the girls will come in time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnbergqvist)
    i could never approach a girl randomly on the street, no matter how good i looked. It would just feel too wierd.
    Well you have to learn to do so. You need to get over your fear of apporaching. It's not as bad as it sounds. I've done it quite a lot now, it starts off really scary. But then you learn, people are not going to bite your head off. It's okay.

ReputationRep:
    Mate, toilets is where it's at.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    Women generally hate beards.
    Have you had an e-sex change?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    Well you have to learn to do so. You need to get over your fear of apporaching. It's not as bad as it sounds. I've done it quite a lot now, it starts off really scary. But then you learn, people are not going to bite your head off. It's okay.
    Yeah but, when people are on the street... don't they usually have a place to go to at that moment in time. Me for instance, I wouldn't stop anyone one the road purely because when i'm out I like to head to my destination do my business and get back again.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.