Turn on thread page Beta

Where to look for girls other than nightclubs or dating sites? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    Yeah but, when people are on the street... don't they usually have a place to go to at that moment in time. Me for instance, I wouldn't stop anyone one the road purely because when i'm out I like to head to my destination do my business and get back again.
    Lol not on the street when a girl is on a mission to get somewhere. But somewhere like waterstones (girls you are NOT safe in waterstones if I am there!)

ReputationRep:
    Why won't you at least try the plucking eyebrows-malarkey? It won't hurt if you don't like it, and it might actually benefit you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    Lol not on the street when a girl is on a mission to get somewhere. But somewhere like waterstones (girls you are NOT safe in waterstones if I am there!)
    Oh yeah, in those instances im up for it. Libary :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone mentioned the streets? :mute:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fawn)
    I hear they can be seen roaming the streets sometimes during the day. I think it's an urban myth.
    Someone reads too much twilight LOL

(Joking, before anyone asks...)

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, in those instances im up for it. Libary :coma:
    http://staff.bbhcsd.org/schinkerj/fi.../librarian.png

SHH!

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, they're soo annoying. Libarians :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Suddenly notices Advanced Subsidiary has been mis-spelling librarians and all related words...

runs

ReputationRep:
    Brothel.

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, they're soo annoying. Libarians :mad:

I dont know about libarians, but us librarians arent all that bad! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magickal_Faerie)
    I dont know about libarians, but us librarians arent all that bad! http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/p.gif
    You're both bad, Libarians and Librarians are terrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnbergqvist)
    Any ideas? its the summer hols now, so obvs looking round college isnt an option (and besides ive finished that now) im only asking cos i would like to do at least something with a girl before i turn 18 (august 22nd) :mad: and seriously, plz dont just say shave the beard, all girls cant be that bloody picky about a small bit of facial hair. At least its not a massive down-to-my-chest type of thing.
    Good ol johnny boy. TSR's famous non troll, troll paradox. He asks for advice and then never takes it.

I don't see you doing 'something' before your 18th if you cant even engage a conversation with a girl.

Shave the beard already.

ReputationRep:
    Tesco Car Park.

ReputationRep:
    now you wouldnt do something that scares you would u?

Yes. All the time. Just shave it off! You'll have a much better chance of 'doing anything' with a girl.

ReputationRep:
    the reason i dont want 2 shave my beard is because i am scared of something bad happening like a cut. now you wouldnt do something that scares you would u?
    Millions of guys in this country shave...EVERY DAY. If you don't want to cut it, go to a decent barbers and they will cut it.

In life you HAVE to do things that scare you otherwise you will get NOWHERE!

I am amazed that you want to seek out girls as i am sure you are scared of them aswell.

John you are going to have to seriously learn to get out of your comfort zone if you want to make good friends let alone a girlfrend at uni!

ReputationRep:
    Keep the beard John , doesn't look too bad!

As others have pointed out , your apparant unwillingness to go out and meet people is what's holding you back.Even with your virtual airline or so I'm sure you can build friendships and meeting other players IRL , I know quite a few people from TSR and have met people from Flickr.

http://www.succeedsocially.com/ - I think you need to read this.

ReputationRep:
    i could never approach a girl randomly on the street, no matter how good i looked. It would just feel too wierd.
    A guy tried that technique out on me, well he followed me from the train station, walked beside me without talking then asked me out when we were in the town centre. I wasn't impressed, he had more of a beard than you do as well but then i really am not keen on beards on guys.

ReputationRep:
    the reason i dont want 2 shave my beard is because i am scared of something bad happening like a cut. now you wouldnt do something that scares you would u?
    In life you HAVE to take risks. If you can't risk a tiny cut on your face how are you going to succeed at anything

ReputationRep:
    Post a pic of what you look like now John then we can be the better judge. Christ if you have a beard shave it.

ReputationRep:
    You're both bad, Libarians and Librarians are terrible.
    Nah, we're nice really

So, have you shaved the beard yet, OP?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.