Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i have almost black colour hair and i want it to be blonde. i have attached a picture of the kind of blonde i want.

i am going to be doing this at home. i bought a blonde colour before but it only made my hair light brown/ginger colour. what can i do. does anyone have any suggestions.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it. My friend did this. She went blond at the roots, ginger everywhere else and had to dye it about 4 times...in the process absolutely killing her hair. Go to a salon, they will advise you.

Although my friend's hair wasn't naturally black, she had dyed it a few months previously.

ReputationRep:
    You'll have to go gradual or itll come out ginger/yellow. Get highlights put in at the salon gradually.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, that's a non-starter really. There's no other way to do it than to do it gradually (and by a professional, I might add!).

ReputationRep:
    Have you got a picture of yourself?

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of doing this as well.

Will you be dying your eyebrows as well OP? Obviously with me I'll have some facial hair to dye too.

I don't think it's thaaat expensive in a salon with a beautician?

What would everyone else recomiendo?

squish.

ReputationRep:
    This will all end in tears. Your hair will be dead (I know everyone says it but it's true) And chances are, if you had black hair blonde won't suit you anyway? But it might, you could be naturally blonde for all I know

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it. Wash your hair with Head and Shoulders for a while since it removes hair colour gradually (already dyed, not natural of course), and then dye it once it's back to brown. (Do it profressionally also)

If your hair is naturally black, get it coloured gradually by a professional.

ReputationRep:
    You'll have to do it very gradually and so it will look weird in the process and you can only have a few highlights done at a time. It took me several months to get mine fully back to blonde.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missmeem)
    If your hair is naturally black, get it coloured gradually by a professional.
    Sorry I'm new to the whole professional hair dye thing!

I wanted to dye my hair too (bit like el OP) and I am noirette too but would like to become blondette.

What exactly do you mean by gradually? And would you be able to give a guesstimate of the approximate long-term cost?

Thanks,

squish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Yep, that's a non-starter really. There's no other way to do it than to do it gradually (and by a professional, I might add!).
    Your obsession with doing it gradually is why you're still a virgin at 23 years old :mfing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xps.systems)
    Sorry I'm new to the whole professional hair dye thing!

I wanted to dye my hair too (bit like el OP) and I am noirette too but would like to become blondette.

What exactly do you mean by gradually? And would you be able to give a guesstimate of the approximate long-term cost?

Thanks,

squish.
    Well, the colourist would have to dye your hair gradually into brown, then highlight it, and then go fully blonde. I'm not 100% sure about this though, it may differ depending on the salon.

Long-term cost, no idea, it depends on the salon. If I were to have that done here, it would cost me over £100 with so many sittings.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.