Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I personally don't mind it, having tried it. i find it can be really fun lol but i would never make a habit of smoking it for the rest of my life.

what are you views

ReputationRep:
    I don't see a question mark

ReputationRep:
    I knew someone who became so paranoid from smoking it they commited suicide. Never touched the stuff, never will.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Fernand089)
    I personally don't mind it, having tried it. i find it can be really fun lol but i would never make a habit of smoking it for the rest of my life.

what are you views
    that if you take it you are a complete and utter idiot, why wreck your life?

ReputationRep:
    Personally i prefer it to drink, but at the end of the day it is still a drug and has the potential to totally mess up your mind and body.

Totally depends on the person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Wi$e-One)

yes, because one drag is going to wreck your life.

your the idiot.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by King Pieb)
    yes, because one drag is going to wreck your life.

your the idiot.
    ever heard of addiction, very few people take "one drag" most get addicted and lead on to harder drugs, who then become criminals and steal to fund their habits.

ReputationRep:
    ever heard of addiction, very few people take "one drag" most get addicted and lead on to harder drugs, who then become criminals and steal to fund their habits.
    Please... Please. Just leave already.

ReputationRep:

Plenty of people will have one drag on a joint, and never think about it or other harder drugs ever again.

Also, you cannot get addicted to weed. What most people will get addicted to, is the tobacco rolled with the weed in the joint.

Again, plenty of people could become addicted to a harder drug, and never steal in their life.

ReputationRep:
    I've never taken it, and I'm not really planning on taking it either, but I think it's ridiculous that it's illegal when more dangerous drugs are freely available to over 18s.

ReputationRep:
    :mad:

it's not physically addictive in the same way nicotine and heroin are.

Sure you can become psychologically dependant on it but the same can be said for gambling and sex. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Imo, if you haven't grown out of smoking pot by the age of 16/17 then you fail at life.

ReputationRep:
    okay i think maybe the wise one is being a little over the top but i don't know how i feel to it tbh.
    my ex and my current bf both do it but i think it depends on the attitude of the person. for eg. my ex was a total depressive who smoked it and therefore there was that whole negative thing surrounding it.. he would like rely on it to cheer him up and it would cause a rift between us. where as my current bf smokes it occassionally and is a light heartened chilled kind of person so uses it for fun and doesn't "rely" on it.

i think the worst thing about weed is the fact people have their own dealers. for me that just reminds me too much of coke and heroin but each to their own.

i've never tried,wouldn't mind trying it but not right now and i wouldn't smoke it all the time if i did try it.

ReputationRep:
    Less dangerous than alcohol and that's all I need to know. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Imo, if you haven't grown out of smoking pot by the age of 16/17 then you fail at life.

like how exactly?

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the smell anymore, and it seems to have ****** up some of my best male friends. I am so anti drugs now
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The regular use of cannabis is known to be associated with an increase in the risk of later developing psychotic illnesses including schizophrenia.

ReputationRep:
    LOL. I have taken it on many occasions and have a place at cambridge

you tool

ReputationRep:
    It's ok to do it occasionally.

Though I know people who are spending £80p/w on the habit.

ReputationRep:
    Of course it doesn't affect everyone the same, I went to boarding school and a lot of it wen on. Some people were regular smokers of it for years and they always seemed fine. Others over the years came across as if more than a few brain cells had kicked the bucket. Why on earth take the risk when you don't know what it cold do to you further down the line?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.