Turn on thread page Beta

Primary PGCE at Canterbury Christ Church watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, is anyone going to Christchurch??

I have an interview through clearing and was wondering if any one knows what sorts of questions come up in the 15 minute Maths test? And generally what I could do to prepare for the interview.
    At the moment I'm just reading up on the National Curriculum and educational policies. I've been revising a bit of GCSE Maths but struggling a bit!

Thanks,
    Jo x

ReputationRep:
    I know from a friend that there is a teamwork element involved, so make sure you get yourself noticed.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, will try my best!! Just worrying about the Maths test now!

ReputationRep:
    Hi ya, when is your interview?

I have mine tomorrow and I am getting worried about all these tests ans presentations

ReputationRep:
    I doubt there will be a teamwork element in a clearing interview. The maths test is about 10 questions - all of which are word problems using a variety of all four operations. I also doubt they will dwell too much on the national curriculum, but will want to know what you know about the current education developments.

Is it general primary you've applied for?

edit: must state that the above is all based on my experience, none of which at Canterbury.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.