Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So what are all the things you need to pay for at uni? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Things like accommodation, food etc. What are all the things that you need to pay for/you have found yourself paying for at university (if you're at university atm)?

If you'd like to, you could tell me how much you spend each week on these things and whether you're struggling to maintain a decent financial position :yes:

ReputationRep:
    There are quite a few threads in this forum where current students have said how much they spend, if you search weekly budget etc in this forum you might find some stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Way too much, way too often and way to expensive usually!

ReputationRep:
    General things like food, toiletries alcohol.

Then emergency money from when you've used up said alcohol, to pay off the hooker and to clean up the mess in your room. Then there's the court fees, the bail, lawyers, paying off witnesses etc. It can get quite expensive.

ReputationRep:
    I can't do budgeting.

But I can tell you that I spend more than my student loan not even accounting for rent. So that's on food, going out, bills, club memberships, clothes, toiletries (surprisingly expensive), DVDs, books and stationary, and just random stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rian1988)
    There are quite a few threads in this forum where current students have said how much they spend, if you search weekly budget etc in this forum you might find some stuff.
    I'm mainly asking WHAT university students spend their money on, not HOW MUCH they spend...I just decided to throw that question in. Alright, please guide me to somewhere that tells me this information :woo:

ReputationRep:
    If you're a new student you should have got a booklet with a UCAS letter that answers your question and helps prep you for the budgetting lifestyle.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.