Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Will they accept foreign drivers licenses without a hologram?

ReputationRep:
    I use my French identity card as I have dual citizenship, works everytime even though I'm underage...

ReputationRep:
    just use your passport and keep it on you the whole night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pina.Love)
    I prefer to use my passport because I would have to travel to get another birth certificate just in case it got lost or something/
    What if your passport gets lost :confused:? Surely that's more hassle than getting another birth certificate printed?

ReputationRep:
    Very few places will accept anything with the pass logo on it.
    And I have had my provisional rejected once before (I've since passeed my test).
    Just take your passport, and make sure you don't lose it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToastyCoke)
    Is it hollographic? All genuine forms of ID carry a hollogram.
    So does my bank card, but no bouncer's going to accept that. (Well, they might when I get a new one )

ReputationRep:
    erm...provisional costs like £50 quid?!
    The same as cheap night out then? Where's the drama?

ReputationRep:
    It might cost £50, but over the number of times you'll use it it becomes quite cheap.

Driving Licence or Passport only.

ReputationRep:
    No. You are going to have to take your passport i'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandettielightvessel)
    You don't need to. You can do it with a birth certificate and a couple of signature.
    Not really true that, need photo ID really, people will get turned away with a birth certificate

ReputationRep:
    just take your passport.
    I use mine all the time as I don't have a provisional.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MC REN)
    Not really true that, need photo ID really, people will get turned away with a birth certificate
    I think they meant that you can get a provisional with a birth certificate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MC REN)
    I think they were talking about the process of getting a provisional.
    I thought that at first too.

ReputationRep:
    Assuming that you don't have the natural id that I possess, in the form of a full manly beard. Yup, passport it is.

Anyway, do they now check everyone for id or something? Even when I was <21 I don't think that I ever got asked for id, although my wife did at that same time, and she was 31, so it was quite interesting informing the door staff of her actual age and I don't think that she ever had to produce any actual id....

But yes, passport. That's what I've used in the US, where they do literally id everyone it seems, even big blokes with full beards....

ReputationRep:
    If its a one off then you could borrow someones driving license that isn't going that looks pretty similar to you....?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mangaartist)
    I think they meant that you can get a provisional with a birth certificate
    Oh lol, that does make more sense

But I thought what I thought cause my friend tried it once, which was dead funny

ReputationRep:
    My friends want me to go clubbing I do not have a provisional license (cannot afford it) and I DO NOT want to use my passport just in case it gets lost or stolen.
    So can I use any other alternative?
    If you cannot afford it, why are you going out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToastyCoke)
    Anything with a hollogram.
    Yay I knew my holographic pog would come in useful one day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandettielightvessel)
    What if your passport gets lost :confused:? Surely that's more hassle than getting another birth certificate printed?
    well passport has almost expired so I will have to get a new one anyway plus I would have to go abroad to get another birth certificate...some fraud or terrorism rule

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    ********. A provisional is just as good as a real driving license for identification purposes. Just because said person hasn't passed their test yet their perfectly valid form of ID doesn't prove their age?
    Well, there is an extra level of security in built insofar as you'll be seen and identified by the person administering the driving test.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.