The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They all get a lot of money for sure, but there's naturally a demand for the best and they will be paid huge amounts of money as long as they continue to be the best.

and for the poll thing, number 3.
:lolwut: no. 4: eh?
Reply 3
It doesn't bother me as such, but it is quite annoying that there are people who earn a fraction of their earnings, but do a much more important job... so 1 I guess :smile:
Reply 4
They are slightly overpaid, but on the other hand a lot of people are paying to see/hear them.
Reply 5
it bothers me how much the BBC pays people but the private sector can do what it wants
It's never kept me awake worrying at night. I don't think it's ever going to change
Define ‘overpaid’.
Reply 8
The inequality of life is a bit annoying, but it's the public's choice to pay them.
Reply 9
No. I would care if I was being underpaid, however.
Reply 10
Not really, I wouldn't complain about it if I was them.
2....if you're that bothered about money you should of became a banker/footballer/actress....
to be fair they might be getting paid a lot but they are getting taxed to high hell, so to be be fair they are contributing a fair of whack to society through taxation and we are benefiting from this even if we don't see it that much.

they do something which draws in money so why not reap the benefits themselves. if someone wants to pay a footballer £60,000 a week then more fool them.
No, i plan to become all four.
there are tons of sports stars that earn more then footballers, much more, but more fool to the person whos paying them

people don't like it when they still get paid massive amounts and fail at there job

high tax rate sort it all out
i couldn't care less, i live my own life, and not care what Ronaldo, Tevez, Rooney or Steven Gerrard earn.
Reply 16
i dont care, as long as i earn decent amount of money in near future too...
I don't think there is such a thing as being overpaid in the private sector. You are paid what you are worth to your employer.

However I think that a lot of public sector workers are paid less than they are worth, but that can't be helped really.
Reply 18
There is usually a massive difference between getting paid as Doctor, and getting paid as a premiership footballer. A lot of them invest their dedication to their interest (e.g. football) and forget about education which is the "mainstream" alternative, apart from Emma Watson who managed to get top grades and still be worth about £10m! That is pretty impressive. Also, as for bankers, the bonuses have been reduced by quite a lot due to the whole economic thing, and they are are stringent about who they recruit.
Money money money

must be funny

in a rich man's world

Latest

Trending

Trending