Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Star Wars: The Old Republic Watch

ReputationRep:
    This game looks amazing, if you haven't seen the E3 trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOvbv-LkK6w

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights...Old_Republic_3
    "an upcoming massively multiplayer online role-playing game based in the Star Wars universe"

Everything about it looks amazing, the more you read and see the better it looks.

http://www.swtor.com/

"Over 100 hours per character" <--- Thats a lot of gaming!

Anyone else been keeping up with this and is already excited?!

ReputationRep:
    Didn't bioware make mass effect too. I swear that game was hyped up to be THE game - and I certainly didn't think it was that good at all.

I'll probably give it a go - but I'm not going to hold my breath about it being good.

ReputationRep:
    There is already a thread on this somewhere

As long as they have a companion character like Atton/Carth all will be good :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I fear the release of this game will ruin my degree...

Star Wars
    Unlimited play time
    *drool*

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Want to play.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=932862

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fawn)
    There is already a thread on this somewhere

As long as they have a companion character like Atton/Carth all will be good :cool:
    Do you mean a companion character in general or something as generally grumpy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caze)
    Do you mean a companion character in general or something as generally grumpy?
    When Carth wasn't so angsty he was flirt which is fine to me :p:

ReputationRep:
    It'll be dire.

ReputationRep:
    OH..... MY..... GOD!!!!!! That looks absolutely frigging awesome, im by no means a serious gamer or into the science fiction geekyness but that makes me want to be involved! :yes:

Thanks so much for posting that, how cool did that look when the sith were all running at the jedi!!!

ReputationRep:
    Any news on the subs yet? I love Kotor 1 and 2, but I'm not prepared to pay subs for any game..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hank Hill)
    Any news on the subs yet? I love Kotor 1 and 2, but I'm not prepared to pay subs for any game..
    No news yet, but I think it's really likely it'll be a sub game.

ReputationRep:
    The prospect of this game is making me cream my pants.

ReputationRep:
    I love Star Wars and Bioware so this should be amazing. Am yet to be convinced about mmo though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suneilr)
    I love Star Wars and Bioware so this should be amazing. Am yet to be convinced about mmo though
    Yeah same, I loved the KOTOR series on the original Xbox and I loved Mass Effect but I can't see myself playing this, simply because it's a MMO and I don't do MMOs

ReputationRep:
    The dialogue looks awesome. Every single thing is voice acted, and well by the sounds of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    Yeah same, I loved the KOTOR series on the original Xbox and I loved Mass Effect but I can't see myself playing this, simply because it's a MMO and I don't do MMOs
    I think I'm going to give it a go, since it is Star Wars and Bioware. If anyone can get mmo right it'll be Bioware. **hopes**

ReputationRep:
    Bioware were bought out by EA. EA destroyed Mythic. EA are channeling what's left of Mythic into this game.

I repeat - it'll be dire. Anything EA touches turns to excrement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punktopia)
    Bioware were bought out by EA. EA destroyed Mythic. EA are channeling what's left of Mythic into this game.

I repeat - it'll be dire. Anything EA touches turns to excrement.
    EA have been nothing short of superb for the past two years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    EA have been nothing short of superb for the past two years.
    Lol...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.