Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you have to wear shorts when running? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I feel much more comfortable in my 3 quater lengths. So, does wearing less mean that you will be definitely be faster?

ReputationRep:
    I wear long black joggers.... when I go jogging

ReputationRep:
    No. However it does make it easier to move your legs. If its genuinely more comfy, fair does, but if you jus tdon't want to look 'gay' or 'trying too hard' then get the ******* skimpys on and man up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigfatflanker)
    No. However it does make it easier to move your legs. If its genuinely more comfy, fair does, but if you jus tdon't want to look 'gay' or 'trying too hard' then get the ******* skimpys on and man up.
    shorts are teh gay

ReputationRep:
    You can wear what you want, but wearing shorts wl keep you cooler and give you more movement.

ReputationRep:
    I can't respect people who run in 3/4 lengths. Shorts are ideal. Trousers are acceptable, in winter though. But 3/4 lengths - no - choose a proper length.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been able to wear shorts since I hit puberty.

ReputationRep:
    Jeans, jeans and more jeans
    Short shorts, on the other hand...

ReputationRep:
    You can wear whatever you want, I wear trousers myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lolicon)
    I feel much more comfortable in my 3 quater lengths. So, does wearing less mean that you will be definitely be faster?
    I wear tracksters.

They're a bit like leggings (and are full length with little stirrups for your feet) - not too tight (like tights), not too lose (like joggers).

So you don't get chafing, nor do you look like a tit (i.e. like David Cameron).

They're great for when it's cold, as they're not too loose but I've carried on wearing them into the summer.
    (During the summer I run at night, so it is a bit cooler).

Just try a pair - shouldn't cost more than £15-£20 and they're designed for running.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KwungSun)
    I haven't been able to wear shorts since I hit puberty.
    why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddyman4)
    I can't respect people who run in 3/4 lengths. Shorts are ideal. Trousers are acceptable, in winter though. But 3/4 lengths - no - choose a proper length.
    lol can't respect? 3/4 lengths are for people who prefere trousers but don't like clothing getting in the way around the foot/ankle area.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vivisteiner)
    why?
    Package peekage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vivisteiner)
    why?
    Crazy trouser snakeage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigfatflanker)
    Crazy trouser snakeage
    Hmmm...I mentioned tracksters earlier and I sometimes wear a box underneath them because of the 'crotch bulge' (and I don't mean a hard on).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KwungSun)
    Package peekage.
    Oh, lol. And I thought I was bad. :p:

I've never had that problem, although I've been worried on occasion.

ReputationRep:
    Don't like wearing shorts when running, though I really should.
    Last time I did cardio I (rather foolishly) wore fleece pants, and was sweating sumat fierce

ReputationRep:
    puberty

ReputationRep:
    I wear shorts! I have tried 3/4 lengths, but it's very irritating to run with! With shorts, you stay cooler, and, they feel a lot lighter!

No one is going to judge you at the gym or anything - (just make sure you are the one fastest running and everyone just stares at you obviously thinking I wish I was that good. At this point it's like a big competition! :p:)

ReputationRep:
    aye i have to wear shorts personnally, cant run in 3/4 lengths, tis a bit awkward and i sweat buckets if i wear track bottoms..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.