Turn on thread page Beta

Idiot boy needs a psychiatrist:@ watch

ReputationRep:
    he will tell them in his own time. If he does not, then that's ultimately his own business.

Why don't you befriend him? And find out why he acts so arrogantly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Although he has fun with his friends he feels closed off. This is proved by his MSN Messenger personal message, which says something about how he feels lonely as soon as he gets home and closes the door:confused:
    How do you know his personal message isn't just a song lyric? Lots of people have angsty status's on facebook or msn, but it's not normally a cry for help.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, you can't change people. Believe me when I say I've tried lol.

Secondly, methinks thou doth protest too much ... You're the girl aren't you?

ReputationRep:
    He doesn't know you? And yet you're making internet threads about his mental wellbeing?

That's creepy.

TBH - I don't think this is really any of your business. Unless your the not-ugly girl, in which case you need to find someone else.

(Original post by wallflower*)
    How do you know his personal message isn't just a song lyric? Lots of people have angsty status's on facebook or msn, but it's not normally a cry for help.
    i dont..but it explains how he acts when his friends talk to him

(Original post by rajandkwameali)
    he will tell them in his own time. If he does not, then that's ultimately his own business.

Why don't you befriend him? And find out why he acts so arrogantly?
    i can't befriend him because he knows i am a friend of the girl that likes him. He thinks that if any of her friends talk to him they are only doing so to get them two together.

(Original post by 99p And A Flake)
    Firstly, you can't change people. Believe me when I say I've tried lol.

Secondly, methinks thou doth protest too much ... You're the girl aren't you?
    Nope...the girl is a friend...I have no reason to lie...no-one knows me on here and i am posting as anon.

ReputationRep:
    This idiot is a boy in my year at sixth form. I hardly know him, and he doesn't know me. When he moved to that school he was bullied quite a bit. His friends stuck by him and helped him get through this. Now, as far as I know, this bullying has stopped. If you can't be bothered to read all of it then please look at the last paragraph.

But recently I have been hearing about him and how much of an idiot he is. He looks like a nice person, not one of those vain, stuck-up people. However he is a fine example of why you should not judge a book by its cover. He has a big ego, and thinks he's so much better than other people.

For example, there is a girl that likes him, and although he was flattered that someone liked him, he didn't bother getting to know her. Whenever his friends talk about her, trying to convince him to talk about her, he starts talking about how ugly she is. Now this girl is really nice, and although she may not be conventially pretty, but she is definitely not ugly. This is what ticks me off...he thinks too much of himself, depite the fact that his own friends have told him his flaws. Now whenever I see him I feel like yelling at him and telling him to sort himself out, but I would never do this as I am shy irl lol. His friends are very nice to him, they do tease him themselves, but he knows that they're just joking around. They have asked him (nicely) why he acts like such a p****, but he just tells them to shut the **** up.

I think that he acts this way because there is something bothering him. It could be because of the bullying (he may have been bullied at his previous school as well) and that all of this could have caused him to be like this. Or maybe there is something else wrong. Although he has fun with his friends he feels closed off. This is proved by his MSN Messenger personal message, which says something about how he feels lonely as soon as he gets home and closes the door:confused:

Its like there's a barrier between him and everyone else...I feel like someone should 'save' him, that his friends should talk to him and find out what the problem is. But how can his friends do this? What do you suggest they should do in order to get him to speak about what's wrong?
    I think you have a misconception in between what's "normal" and "abnormal" behaviour. So what if he doesn't want to go out with some random girl? Maybe he's just there to learn and focus on his studies!
    I'm sorry but I think you're misjudging this person. Obviously the bullying must have affected him but, from what you described, I don't see this boy has having a big ego.
    Maybe you should see a psychiatrist instead

(Original post by Spanghew)
    He doesn't know you? And yet you're making internet threads about his mental wellbeing?

That's creepy.

TBH - I don't think this is really any of your business. Unless your the not-ugly girl, in which case you need to find someone else.
    You're right. It isn't really any of my business. But I can't see someone just carry on their life like that. I mean he has good friends now...but later on in life it will just get worse and his problems will just eat away at him.

Lol I wish I didn't care.

ReputationRep:
    LOL. OP is blates the girl who likes him.

(Original post by Eva2)
    I think you have a misconception in between what's "normal" and "abnormal" behaviour. So what if he doesn't want to go out with some random girl? Maybe he's just there to learn and focus on his studies!
    I'm sorry but I think you're misjudging this person. Obviously the bullying must have affected him but, from what you described, I don't see this boy has having a big ego.
    Maybe you should see a psychiatrist instead
    OK maybe I exaggerated on the psychiatrist part, but I don't think I've conveyed the point clearly. The problem isn't the fact that he doesn't want to go out with the girl, this was just an example of what he's like. I actually misjudged him before. Like I said in the first post, he looks like a nice person, and that's what I had thought of him. But after talking to people that have known him for years, I've found that he is anything but. And all of them have stated that they know that something is wrong. The problem is finding what is wrong, which seems impossible (hence the psychiatrist)

(Original post by Grape190190)
    LOL. OP is blates the girl who likes him.
    If I was, what's stopping me from admitting it?

ReputationRep:
    OK maybe I exaggerated on the psychiatrist part, but I don't think I've conveyed the point clearly. The problem isn't the fact that he doesn't want to go out with the girl, this was just an example of what he's like. I actually misjudged him before. Like I said in the first post, he looks like a nice person, and that's what I had thought of him. But after talking to people that have known him for years, I've found that he is anything but. And all of them have stated that they know that something is wrong. The problem is finding what is wrong, which seems impossible (hence the psychiatrist)
    So why don't you just go up and talk to him, instead of listening to false rumours that are so typically spread around high school and sixth form colleges? You're never going to find out the truth about this boy until you talk to him personally.

(Original post by Eva2)
    So why don't you just go up and talk to him, instead of listening to false rumours that are so typically spread around high school and sixth form colleges? You're never going to find out the truth about this boy until you talk to him personally.
    He won't talk to me because I'm a friend of the girl that likes him. (We kind of gave him a telling-off :p: )What I have heard about him are not rumours. His own friends (and other people) have no reason to talk about him like that, they are also genuinely concerned.

ReputationRep:
    He won't talk to me because I'm a friend of the girl that likes him. (We kind of gave him a telling-off :p: )What I have heard about him are not rumours. His own friends (and other people) have no reason to talk about him like that, they are also genuinely concerned.
    Well in that case maybe you should just stay out of this and mind your own business? Just a suggestion. I don't think he'd appreciate your nagging.

ReputationRep:
    If I was, what's stopping me from admitting it?
    The fact that any aspersions you cast about the boy's psychiatric well-being would be dismissed by everyone as the bitter delusions of a heartbroken teenager? Just a thought.

ReputationRep:
    The only person who needs a psychiatrist in this scenario is the OP.

ReputationRep:
    He won't talk to you because you ARE the girl who likes him. Some people just don't know how to lie. *sigh*

ReputationRep:

Thanks for your reply but like I have said his friends have tried for a long time to talk to him. But when it comes to personal things he just gets aggressive and changes the subject. (He doesn't really know me, so I cannot try myself). They want him to open up and talk, but just don't know how to get him to do so.
    well thats the thing, he doesn't really know you. You could try and befriend him, deep down he'd welcome a new friend, a new pair of ears with which he might want to talk to. Theres no guarantee what he'll choose to do but it wouldn't hurt if someone fairly new/different to him (ie you) tried to make friends with him. i'm sure he'd appreciate that enough to be willing to talk about himself!

ReputationRep:
    This idiot is a boy in my year at sixth form. I hardly know him, and he doesn't know me. When he moved to that school he was bullied quite a bit. His friends stuck by him and helped him get through this. Now, as far as I know, this bullying has stopped. If you can't be bothered to read all of it then please look at the last paragraph.

But recently I have been hearing about him and how much of an idiot he is. He looks like a nice person, not one of those vain, stuck-up people. However he is a fine example of why you should not judge a book by its cover. He has a big ego, and thinks he's so much better than other people.

For example, there is a girl that likes him, and although he was flattered that someone liked him, he didn't bother getting to know her. Whenever his friends talk about her, trying to convince him to talk about her, he starts talking about how ugly she is. Now this girl is really nice, and although she may not be conventially pretty, but she is definitely not ugly. This is what ticks me off...he thinks too much of himself, depite the fact that his own friends have told him his flaws. Now whenever I see him I feel like yelling at him and telling him to sort himself out, but I would never do this as I am shy irl lol. His friends are very nice to him, they do tease him themselves, but he knows that they're just joking around. They have asked him (nicely) why he acts like such a p****, but he just tells them to shut the **** up.

I think that he acts this way because there is something bothering him. It could be because of the bullying (he may have been bullied at his previous school as well) and that all of this could have caused him to be like this. Or maybe there is something else wrong. Although he has fun with his friends he feels closed off. This is proved by his MSN Messenger personal message, which says something about how he feels lonely as soon as he gets home and closes the door:confused:

Its like there's a barrier between him and everyone else...I feel like someone should 'save' him, that his friends should talk to him and find out what the problem is. But how can his friends do this? What do you suggest they should do in order to get him to speak about what's wrong?
    Or maybe he just doesn't like this girl.And maybe you and his friends should just stop bullying him into liking her. I think a lot of guys in the end would lose their rag and say she's fugly etc etc. How would you feel if some girl was being bullied into talking to some guy who fancied her? So he has flaws himself, does that mean he needs to go out with someone you all think he should? If he thinks to much of himself let him find out he isn't all that byhimself.

So because he doesn't fancy some ugly girl he needs a psychiatrist? And if he got bullied at that school it's probably natural he behaves like he is. I'd leave it if I were you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.