Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well now you know to vote Conservative

ReputationRep:
    The only inevitability in life is change.

To stop sounding pretentious for a minute (although if I say so myself that was a good phrase), change happens. The best way to deal with it is to keep an open mind and adapt to your new circumstances as best you can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la fille danse)
    No, I love change. There's nothing more boring than having the same old routine for years on end.

My problem is the opposite. I'm never happy with where I am, always looking forward to the next stage in my life...
    i have a close friend who's always looking forward to the future it makes it hard when we're talking and she can't wait for it and i want to stay where i am :-(

ReputationRep:
    Join the Conservative party - they hate change too.

ReputationRep:
    You're definitely not alone with your fear of change! i am possibly the worst person ever at dealing with change. Everytime something major happens in my life it usually triggers a metal breakdown.

Moving to uni retriggered my depression and led me to be verging on alcoholism, splitting with an ex left me suicidal and impulsive, so yeah i don't cope well with change.

However maybe i should point out i'm also Borderline which accounts for some of my difficulties in coping with change

ReputationRep:
    Yes quite definitely. Future wise, I'm scared of what is in store for me. And change wise, I'm hoping whatever changes will be for the best and not for worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
    You're definitely not alone with your fear of change! i am possibly the worst person ever at dealing with change. Everytime something major happens in my life it usually triggers a metal breakdown.

Moving to uni retriggered my depression and led me to be verging on alcoholism, splitting with an ex left me suicidal and impulsive, so yeah i don't cope well with change.

However maybe i should point out i'm also Borderline which accounts for some of my difficulties in coping with change
    i know how you feel even though i've never considered suicide everytime the prospect of change comes up i feel depressed!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.