Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My back feels a bit tight an =y suggestion on how to make it feel less tight?

ReputationRep:
    Lie on the floor.

Was thinking that but tho it would look stupid so will try nd lie flat on my back tonight.

ReputationRep:
    Get someone to punch you in the back.

Seriously, it works.

ReputationRep:
    Get someone to give you a massage?

ReputationRep:
    Sleep

ReputationRep:
    Warm bath and valium? : O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Was thinking that but tho it would look stupid so will try nd lie flat on my back tonight.
    You've got lots of people watching?

The reason i said it would look stupid in case my dad came in.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why that matters, to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    do some stretches that will open your back out
    where abouts in your back is it that feels tight?

ReputationRep:
    why are u anonymous back tightness is common...

(Original post by LittleRed)
    do some stretches that will open your back out
    where abouts in your back is it that feels tight?
    All over

ReputationRep:
    perhaps you should consider seeing your GP about it? perhaps you have bad posture or something, which although isn't life threatening the sooner you start correcting it, the easier a task this will be.

I have scoliosis so my back constantly feels tight. I do some stretches but I don't really know if I should tell you them in case they actually end up doing damage to your back if the issue is in a different area of your back to mine :dontknow:

Yeah but don't worry about your dad finding out or what ever, I'm sure he'd rather just know you were making yourself comfortable! Lying stretched out on floors does help though, and put your arms up over your head so your back really is opening, that would get rid of some tension I should imagine

ok. I think it was cause of the way i was sitting today.

ReputationRep:
    One word OP. Chiropractor. Which is what I am hopefully going to become.

ReputationRep:
    Do some excersises.
    If it is a long term problem you should see a GP and they may refer you to a physio.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.