Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by iced_dragon_agility)
    to anonymous #2

go to the docs and they'll help you. my friend is exactly the same with periods every 2-3 weeks. she's also very aneamic, so i'd get that checked out too.
    Thanks for your reply.
    Yes think I do need to go to the docs for it now as I go anemic alot anyway so this can't be helping much.
    Do you know what the treatment for this is? Or is it just going on the pill to stop them?
    Is your friend having treatment, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks for your reply.
    Yes think I do need to go to the docs for it now as I go anemic alot anyway so this can't be helping much.
    Do you know what the treatment for this is? Or is it just going on the pill to stop them?
    Is your friend having treatment, if you don't mind me asking?
    She's on iron tablets and is on the pill to control the bleeding so that it's monthly. That's the only treatment she's having, but everyones an individual case.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Im healthy, healthy weight, 17, no other medical conditions, yet I only have about 3 periods a year? Theyre like once every 4 months.

I've had them nearly 5 years so I though they would have become more regular by now.

I havent lost weight or anything that would make them practically stop. When I do have them, theyre mostly pain free and normal.

Can this be normal for some people or is it bad?
    I have the exact same thing! You have literally described my period pattern. I eat regularly and am a healthy weight and have been forever!

I dont think its anything to worry about, all my friends think its great that i hardly ever do and when i do it is a pathetic excuse of a period lol. But i understand what you mean, that they SHOULD be regular and they arn't... ? Hmm.

(Original post by iced_dragon_agility)
    She's on iron tablets and is on the pill to control the bleeding so that it's monthly. That's the only treatment she's having, but everyones an individual case.
    Thanks for your reply

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.