ReputationRep:
    Umm, what's a CAS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    How easy is it to fake the documents?
    Have you faked the documents?
    Was it hard to do?
    How did you do it?
    Depends on your coordinator really. Some literally phone up every sponsor to check and others just accept the forms without question. You'd have to ask people within your school; we couldn't tell you about the temperament of your IBC. If you get caught (my IBC claims IB summons a few CAS files occasionally to check) you're in deep trouble. It looks like you have plenty of time (you're still in IB1) so why not just get it done and over with the orthodox way? It's not *that* bad and can be pretty fun.

ReputationRep:
    CAS is creativity, action, service. You have to complete 50 hours of each to get the IB diploma...

We don't have any forms for CAS at our school, and I'm not sure how we are supposed to document our hours (this is the first year our school is doing the IB). Can someone help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becca_mae57)
    CAS is creativity, action, service. You have to complete 50 hours of each to get the IB diploma...

We don't have any forms for CAS at our school, and I'm not sure how we are supposed to document our hours (this is the first year our school is doing the IB). Can someone help?

It's simple , just do loads of different activities preferably more than 20 hours in each or so and trust me you will have loads of time to do that. Then just a quick write up explaining what you did, have someone sign it confirm you did blank amount of hours, while providing evidence like pictures and so on.. . Show your teacher and then that's it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maya10)
    It's simple , just do loads of different activities preferably more than 20 hours in each or so and trust me you will have loads of time to do that. Then just a quick write up explaining what you did, have someone sign it confirm you did blank amount of hours, while providing evidence like pictures and so on.. . Show your teacher and then that's it
    Thanks so much! I wasn't sure if there was a specific form you had to use or not. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becca_mae57)

My school has a school-designed form, but basically you write the dates + location + description of activity, write down how many hours you are claiming and for which category (C/A/S) and have someone sign off at the bottom + leave contact info (phone number/email). Turn in to IB Coordinator. Done

ReputationRep:
    I imagine its quite easy.
    haha.

I would recommend doing a genuine activity (such as badminton club etc) and then getting it signed before you've filled in the amount of hours completed. (the person who signs it wont notice this) Then you can say whatever you want afterwards.

-However- this should only be done if you literally need loads of hours a day before the deadline. CAS is worthwhile and you'll enjoy it, so only fake some forms if it actually means you wont get the diploma otherwise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelonFace)
    I imagine its quite easy.
    haha.

I would recommend doing a genuine activity (such as badminton club etc) and then getting it signed before you've filled in the amount of hours completed. (the person who signs it wont notice this) Then you can say whatever you want afterwards.

-However- this should only be done if you literally need loads of hours a day before the deadline. CAS is worthwhile and you'll enjoy it, so only fake some forms if it actually means you wont get the diploma otherwise
    Very true, or you could take the middle road and do several real activities but just cough up the numbers a bit to help you out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sagittarius_GBR)
    Very true, or you could take the middle road and do several real activities but just cough up the numbers a bit to help you out.

yeah, though no true ib student would ever do this.

*Shifty look*

ReputationRep:
    Hypothetically it would be possible to fake activities... such as a table tennis tournament that never took place :ninja2:

My folder was actually moderated this year as well... God I'm so lucky

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.